Original Manipulations by Cruxforums Members

Go to CruxDreams.com
Tree Enchantment

View attachment 1168651

This manipulation is entitled, 'Tree Enchantment', after the drawing of the same name by Iamnomodder, which was published on DeviantArt on 24 July 2016. Iamnomodder is an accomplished draughtsman and portrait artist, whose DeviantArt account was deactivated within the last twenty-four hours. I do not know why this has occurred and his work would certainly not have qualified for a permanent ban.

Iamnomodder based his drawing on Henry Choi's picture of Courtney entitled, 'Ain't Misbehavin' 4', which was taken two years previously on 20 August 2014. Deriving inspiration from both the photo and the drawing, my manip is an emulation of Iamnomodder's 'Tree Enchantment', using the original source photograph. The model's pose translated very successfully into the figure of a wood nymph, standing between the trees in the drawing, and for my own interpretation, I was further inspired by a pair of suitable trees in my local woods, which I photographed to serve as the background.

The manipulation has twelve visible layers, including four layer masks and six blending filters. Courtney is a composite figure, due to her left foot being reconstructed from another photo from the same session. The toes are concealed by the grass in the source image, and so the complete foot was obtained from a studio pose, entitled, 'You've been Targeted'. This is one of Henry's delightfully humorous pictures, in which Courtney aims her stretched knickers, catapult style, at the photographer. I might have to manip that one eventually. :D
She certainly embodies the essence of a wood nymph, seeming to simply appear between the two trees in the forest. It's a beautiful manipulation that builds on the drawing by Iamnomodder and brings it to life, almost as if it were simply wished into being. The manip translates Courtney into the forest seamlessly and makes her appear more exquisitely lovely than in the original photo, putting her into a tanalizing and simultaneously wistful scene, communicating a sort of sweetness and vulnerability that is irresistable. Well done, Bob!

Tree Enchantment stromag-crtny-exp-2.jpg
If you go down to the woods today....

Well, maybe I will, if there are tree nymphs like Courtney around! Beautifully done, Bob! :clapping:
She certainly embodies the essence of a wood nymph, seeming to simply appear between the two trees in the forest. It's a beautiful manipulation that builds on the drawing by Iamnomodder and brings it to life, almost as if it were simply wished into being. The manip translates Courtney into the forest seamlessly and makes her appear more exquisitely lovely than in the original photo, putting her into a tanalizing and simultaneously wistful scene, communicating a sort of sweetness and vulnerability that is irresistable. Well done, Bob!

Thanks for your kind comments and analysis. As with the drawing, I think part of the manipulation's success comes from providing the model with somewhere to place her hands, as well as the compositional device of using the trees to frame the figure. She becomes physically engaged in the woodland environment, and perhaps she assumes a mystical quality in her new role. Admittedly, I was quite pleased with the way she turned out. :)

The New Girl - Hannah was brought up in a modest family, and is perhaps somewhat unprepared for her life as a slavegirl in the Sultan's harem. Stripped of her clothing she is presented to the Sultan and his courtiers who seem to have a number of things to say about her. She is likely too disoriented to note that everyone is being most complimentary, as she tries to deal with the vulnerability and humiliation of her current situation. The girl in the background (another model named Caprice, apparently) seems to be comfortable in her own skin and slightly bored with the proceedings.
Hannah1b1.jpg

This is a rework of an original manip of a Gerome painting which I had worked on for Bobinder's recent birthday. The birthday manip is in the "Member Birthdays" thread and is a cropped image of Hannah arriving. This version is slightly "expanded" to augment the story in the painting somewhat. I know I always say that if it looks simple, it probably isn't, and this is certainly true of most of Bobinder's manips. This one, however, is reasonably simple. There are only 5 visible layers, so fairly straightforward in that regard. There are an additional 10 layers of lighting, contrast, and colour adjustments to various parts of the image. Sometimes you get lucky when your models just seem to slot naturally into the image.

(another model named Caprice, apparently)
More than one Caprice? :eek::)

Don't tell me this cloning idea is spreading! :doh:

I know I always say that if it looks simple, it probably isn't, and this is certainly true of most of Bobinder's manips.
I'm not sure that you can always measure the complexity of a piece of work like this by the number of layers. At the end of the day the layering feature is there to help, and I sometimes wonder if I am too quick to promote a selection to a new layer to adjust it.

Yes, you were fortunate with the lighting overall, but I am sure that a great deal of effort went into those five layers - effort which shows in the final image!

The New Girl - Hannah was brought up in a modest family, and is perhaps somewhat unprepared for her life as a slavegirl in the Sultan's harem. Stripped of her clothing she is presented to the Sultan and his courtiers who seem to have a number of things to say about her. She is likely too disoriented to note that everyone is being most complimentary, as she tries to deal with the vulnerability and humiliation of her current situation. The girl in the background (another model named Caprice, apparently) seems to be comfortable in her own skin and slightly bored with the proceedings.
View attachment 1178015

This is a rework of an original manip of a Gerome painting which I had worked on for Bobinder's recent birthday. The birthday manip is in the "Member Birthdays" thread and is a cropped image of Hannah arriving. This version is slightly "expanded" to augment the story in the painting somewhat. I know I always say that if it looks simple, it probably isn't, and this is certainly true of most of Bobinder's manips. This one, however, is reasonably simple. There are only 5 visible layers, so fairly straightforward in that regard. There are an additional 10 layers of lighting, contrast, and colour adjustments to various parts of the image. Sometimes you get lucky when your models just seem to slot naturally into the image.
Not only a great manip but a great background by Jean Leon Gerome, The Carpet Seller and I can't do accents. Mr. Gerome also painted Pollice Verso, thumbs down, which was the inspiration for the background Colosseum scenes in The Gladiator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Special offer! Buy five carpets, get one blue state harem girl for free.
Cloned in Arkansas.

Great manip, Jolly. You made it a eral classic painting!
Five Carpets?! The dealer is a cheater. I think the poor buyer deserve 10 carpets more for the trouble in his harem with these rebelious slave.
I bet, he want get rid of she .

Five Carpets?! The dealer is a cheater. I think the poor buyer deserve 10 carpets more for the trouble in his harem with these rebelious slave.
I bet, he want get rid of she .
In Arkansas, a certain Tree, had a load of cloned blue state crux girls. He sold them off to a trader, who loaded them into a container and shipped them with the first available container carrier in the port of New Orleans. In the first port the ship attended, Alexandria, the container was unloaded. Meanwhile, our trader had contracted a carpet sellers company, and had sold the whole lot to them. They saw a big opportunity to boost their sales, by offering the clones as a promotion with their carpets. Container shipped clone girls are a lot cheaper than captive slavegirls on the regular slave market, where bidding is the rule. Of course, one has to take the clones as they are, including their rebellous character.

Back
Top Bottom