Public Executions In The Arena

Go to CruxDreams.com
f001.jpg f002.jpg f003.jpg f004.jpg
Mass crucifictions in the arena.
(picture n.1 is censored due to the presence of minors)

View attachment 311434
CRISTIANA CRUCIFIXA

The young daughter of a rich merchant has been condemned to die on the cross. Her father whips her to death.

Why father? Why have you forsaken me? Is it ambition? Are you doing this to elevate your status with them? Why father?

Why father? Why have you forsaken me? Is it ambition? Are you doing this to elevate your status with them? Why father?
No, my daughter... it is because if I stop before you are dead, I will be crucified also.
This is such a strong image, the girl is so well done in her agony and despair.
But, I can't imagine my father ever doing this to me!
Even to save himself!
What are all too familiar today as 'honour killings' were very much part of the culture in ancient Rome
(and probably not extinct in wilder parts of Italy today ;)).
Patres familiares and other senior male family members who did not take action
against sexually erring daughters or adulterous wives
may not have been physically crucified, but socially they were.

What are all too familiar today as 'honour killings' were very much part of the culture in ancient Rome

See, I was right about him! ;)

It's hard for me to imagine.
It's not a fantasy of mine!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think youd be hard put to find a virgin over 13 in most of Italia today :)

Attachments

• sm_whitney_body_slide.png
    sm_whitney_body_slide.png
    845.3 KB · Views: 792
Last edited by a moderator:

"Saint Barbara lived in the city of Heliopolis at the beginning of the third century. She was the lovely and intelligent daughter of Dioscorus, a wealthy nobleman and pagan. Dioscorus built a magnificent tower for his daughter, Barbara to live in to keep her safe. He provided her with every material luxury, the best food, clothing, servants and teachers, but would not allow her to have friends or even speak to anyone without his permission. Barbara was obedient to her father's wishes and remained in the tower, without complaining, even though he was often away on business trips.Dioscorus wanted to surround his daughter with the greatest comforts and a lot of attendants focused on teaching her how to worship the pagan gods. He felt that by keeping her secluded from the world, she would surely grow up to follow his footsteps and be a pagan worshipper.

Yet, his plans failed. Barbara had no "human" teacher to bring her to the knowledge of God's existence; however, Barbara's mind, heart and soul were receptive to the grace of God and she felt His presence. Secretly, she met with some Christians who told her about Christ and His teachings. Convinced of the Truth concerning Jesus, she became a Christian whose love for God inspired all who heard of her.

Her father became suspicious that his daughter, despite his extreme efforts, had become a Christian. Blinded by rage, her father delivered her to the Roman Prefect, to be tortured until she denied Christ. Barbara was stripped and struck with whips and clubs until she was standing in a pool of her own blood. The soldiers that whipped Barbara rubbed vinegar into her wounds to increase her pain. Through all this, Barbara stood firm in her faith and refused to deny Christ.

She was then thrown into prison and ordered to return the following day. While in her cell Barbara knelt in prayer to ask God to continue to grant her the strength that she needed to remain faithful. As she prayed her heart filled with heavenly joy and her wounds were completely healed. When she was brought in front of Roman Prefect the following day he was amazed to see that her wounds had healed and demanded that she deny Christ. Her refusal angered the Prefect who ordered her body to be hung on a stake and ripped with iron claws, they burned her wounds with hot irons and beat her head with spiked clubs. Through all these sufferings, Barbara found consolation in prayer. Frustrated at not being able to break Barbara's faith the Prefect ordered her to be taken out of the city and killed.

Dioscorus, Barbara's father, who watched his daughter being tortured, was so angry that he offered to execute Barbara himself. He led his daughter out of the city and killed her with his own sword. He was quickly punished for his actions, because on his way home the brutal heathen was struck by a lightning bolt and died immediately. Saint Barbara gained her crown of martyrdom on December 4, 306 and joined her true Father in Heaven."

Attachments

• Barbara - Francke1A.jpg
    Barbara - Francke1A.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 1,048
  • Barbara - Francke1B.jpg
    Barbara - Francke1B.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 997
  • Barbara - Francke1D.jpg
    Barbara - Francke1D.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 978
  • Barbara - Francke1E.jpg
    Barbara - Francke1E.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 943
  • Barbara - Francke1G.jpg
    Barbara - Francke1G.jpg
    877.2 KB · Views: 931
  • Barbara - Francke1I.jpg
    Barbara - Francke1I.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 941
"Saint Barbara lived in the city of Heliopolis at the beginning of the third century. She was the lovely and intelligent daughter of Dioscorus, a wealthy nobleman and pagan. Dioscorus built a magnificent tower for his daughter, Barbara to live in to keep her safe. He provided her with every material luxury, the best food, clothing, servants and teachers, but would not allow her to have friends or even speak to anyone without his permission. Barbara was obedient to her father's wishes and remained in the tower, without complaining, even though he was often away on business trips.Dioscorus wanted to surround his daughter with the greatest comforts and a lot of attendants focused on teaching her how to worship the pagan gods. He felt that by keeping her secluded from the world, she would surely grow up to follow his footsteps and be a pagan worshipper.

Yet, his plans failed. Barbara had no "human" teacher to bring her to the knowledge of God's existence; however, Barbara's mind, heart and soul were receptive to the grace of God and she felt His presence. Secretly, she met with some Christians who told her about Christ and His teachings. Convinced of the Truth concerning Jesus, she became a Christian whose love for God inspired all who heard of her.

Her father became suspicious that his daughter, despite his extreme efforts, had become a Christian. Blinded by rage, her father delivered her to the Roman Prefect, to be tortured until she denied Christ. Barbara was stripped and struck with whips and clubs until she was standing in a pool of her own blood. The soldiers that whipped Barbara rubbed vinegar into her wounds to increase her pain. Through all this, Barbara stood firm in her faith and refused to deny Christ.

She was then thrown into prison and ordered to return the following day. While in her cell Barbara knelt in prayer to ask God to continue to grant her the strength that she needed to remain faithful. As she prayed her heart filled with heavenly joy and her wounds were completely healed. When she was brought in front of Roman Prefect the following day he was amazed to see that her wounds had healed and demanded that she deny Christ. Her refusal angered the Prefect who ordered her body to be hung on a stake and ripped with iron claws, they burned her wounds with hot irons and beat her head with spiked clubs. Through all these sufferings, Barbara found consolation in prayer. Frustrated at not being able to break Barbara's faith the Prefect ordered her to be taken out of the city and killed.

Dioscorus, Barbara's father, who watched his daughter being tortured, was so angry that he offered to execute Barbara himself. He led his daughter out of the city and killed her with his own sword. He was quickly punished for his actions, because on his way home the brutal heathen was struck by a lightning bolt and died immediately. Saint Barbara gained her crown of martyrdom on December 4, 306 and joined her true Father in Heaven."

My namesake ... how lovely ... my angry father!!! thanks for posting ...

St. Barbara by Lorenzo Lotto

Attachments

• Barbara - Lotto1C.jpg
    Barbara - Lotto1C.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 893
  • Barbara - Lotto1F.jpg
    Barbara - Lotto1F.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 849
  • Barbara - Lotto1I.jpg
    Barbara - Lotto1I.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 813
  • Barbara - Lotto1K.jpg