Roman Crucifixion Research

Go to CruxDreams.com
Good news! The University of the Virgin Martyrs selected Nancy Cross for a crucifixion study to see how she would die. Being a scientific study, Nancy willingly agreed to participate.
View attachment 1286446
Her enthusiasm waned a bit when she was nailed to the cross and completely disappeared when the cross was raised... but despite her pleas to be released, the study was carried out to its conclusion... :facepalm:
And what have we learned? ;)

I have come across this video about crucifixion:

It talks about how and why Romans crucified people. The link starts the video when it begins to cover the process of crucifixion and its effects on the condemned's body, but the first half, which talks about the origins of crucifixion, who it was applied to, and the social impact of it, is interesting, too. Even if most of what is told in the video may be known by members of this forum, I think it is a nice exposition of the knowledge we have about this form of execution.

Crucifixion: The Process and the Monstrous Logic Behind It​

Found this interesting video on Youtube which should garner some interest in here;

Nothing terribly new, but I am always amused when I spot a visual "out of place". Some years ago I saw a church ad for their Easter services which used a crucifixion image which I knew had come from Xena, the figure was actually Gabby but you had to know that, it wasn't obvious. In this video at 6:42 minutes there is a slow tracking shot of a mass crucifixion which is taken from the "Always look on the bright side of life" musical sequence from Life of Brian.

Back
Top Bottom