The New Arcimboldo Archive

Go to CruxDreams.com
While you are digging please look for that DayDream one. There's a girl lying on a settee, some flowers and she's dreaming of being on a cross. There's the Sfumato effect which I've only recently heard of. I'd rather dream of lying on a beach in Spain! I've seen that pic loads of times but it's like my b*****y keys. Never where I left 'em and not in the archive.
I'll look for DayDream...
But you wanted to know what was the first picture I posted. It's iraepopuli from 1998. It is not my first manipulation, but the first I ever have published.

I saved the first comment I got from the Crux group. It was Old Cato who provided an incentive to continue my work:

To: OL crx Postings <crux@fwi.com>
Date: Friday, October 30, 1998 9:50 AM
Subject: Well done Arcimboldo!

Hi all crux fans

I'm sure I'm not the only one here to think that Arcimboldo's recent contribution (iraepop2.jpg) is one of the best crucifixions ever seen.
Although some of you may consider it as rather soft (no nails), it really turns me on.
So please Arcimboldo, PLEASE, send more of this beautiful art.
Once more, congratulations!

Cato

A young Celtic noble woman had agreed to surrender to the enemy and to suffer most humiliating torments in Rome in order to save her tribe from slavery. But after endless hours on that sharp edged piece of wood, she didn't dare wish to be released from it... with the lecherous mob in front of her waiting for her young body...

Attachments

• 1998iraepopuli.jpg
    1998iraepopuli.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,571
YIPPPEEEEE! I found Daydream. I used a multi search engine for Arcimboldo female crucifixion and it took me to a "skinned" thread on Cruxforums....nothing there but....a link from algabal to "The
destruction of Willowfall" ie "Teamwork" and one page earlier there was "Daydream". The thread is HERE daydream.jpg

iola.jpg
Always been my favourite arcimboldo!

I had never seen this Arcimboldo before. It seems to have been personalized for a specific lady, with or without her consent. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 72AEC907-B0BB-4B85-9A55-090B564040FA.jpeg
    72AEC907-B0BB-4B85-9A55-090B564040FA.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 1,451
Oh dear! Arcimboldo did not do that. Where did you find it?
Damn. I found it while searching for something else, and did not note the site. An image search just now came up dry.

Last edited by a moderator:
A new one...
The following picture is
- a tribute to Aganmedon and his cruel medieval ladies from the Malsavia series
- a present for Apostate who prefers the victim's skin flawless and with no torture marks (yet...)
- for those who share my interest in public display and foot torture XxxX

Attachments

• bride.jpg
    bride.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 1,500
Back
Top Bottom