The Slave Market

Go to CruxDreams.com
I love their defeated stance, and that posture is suited for the one on the left's sagging tits. They have been made to accept their new life, forever being deprived of clothing, and being led, handcuffed, on a leash.

I like their bonnets, showing that until recently, these were elegant, self respecting women, who can now be freely displayed, naked and in shackles, as commodities to be bought.
They are currently naked, as their bodies need to be openly showcased in the market, but the black slave in the bottom left corner, is an indication of the type of dress that awaits them. No more luxurious dresses.

ready for sale

market June Lang sold at auction in Chandu  the Magician William Cameron Menzies 1932 A.jpgmarket slavesbdsmlr-64789-rHN9Pl6FFB.jpgmarketmultimodal_transport_by_passocorto.jpgmarket picture nudes 52.jpgmarket gustave_boulanger_-_esclaves_c3a0_vendre.jpg17283302.jpg

Last edited:
"I like the expression of the black-dressed lady looking at the naked women. She is not in their position, and she likes that..."

Thank you for the comment. It's always nice to know how someone interprets an image.

(I think she might have more mixed feelings. Maybe she's slightly jealous about all the attention the slave girls are getting -- that would be a normal female reaction for some women especially if she sees her boyfriend or husband checking out the naked slave girls. Maybe she has a little fantasy in her mind, wondering what it would feel like to be one of the naked girls who is chained up for public display.)

"I like the expression of the black-dressed lady looking at the naked women. She is not in their position, and she likes that..."

Thank you for the comment. It's always nice to know how someone interprets an image.

(I think she might have more mixed feelings. Maybe she's slightly jealous about all the attention the slave girls are getting -- that would be a normal female reaction for some women especially if she sees her boyfriend or husband checking out the naked slave girls. Maybe she has a little fantasy in her mind, wondering what it would feel like to be one of the naked girls who is chained up for public display.)
I agree, she's got a look that blends contempt, jealousy and fascination - notice how she instinctively 'mirrors' the stance of the slavegirl, her own hands behind her back, her own breasts lifted ...

But in the b&w drawing, where the naked women are presented to an all-male clientel, even if they are more restrained with their necks bound, their bodies are pictures of lust - their panties must be wringing as those men's fingers stretch to fondle their out-thrust, hard-nippled breasts!

I agree, she's got a look that blends contempt, jealousy and fascination - notice how she instinctively 'mirrors' the stance of the slavegirl, her own hands behind her back, her own breasts lifted ...

But in the b&w drawing, where the naked women are presented to an all-male clientel, even if they are more restrained with their necks bound, their bodies are pictures of lust - their panties must be wringing as those men's fingers stretch to fondle their out-thrust, hard-nippled breasts!
More interpretation:
I prefer to think that she is a cruel, wealthy, powerful woman. One of the slaves is a former neighbor who suffered bankruptcy and was sentenced to slavery. She looks triumphantly and satisfied to the nudity of this woman, and she hides her purse behind her back, because she had made up her mind not to buy (and have tortured) her.

More interpretation:
I prefer to think that she is a cruel, wealthy, powerful woman. One of the slaves is a former neighbor who suffered bankruptcy and was sentenced to slavery. She looks triumphantly and satisfied to the nudity of this woman, and she hides her purse behind her back, because she had made up her mind not to buy (and have tortured) her.
Well, maybe it's just me, but in my opinion the reactions to the digital picture tell a lot about the people who look at it and interpret it.
But to me those computer generated faces most often look perfectly blank, like those of plastic dolls.
Very much in contrast to the ink drawing showing the same scene.

Well, maybe it's just me, but in my opinion the reactions to the digital picture tell a lot about the people who look at it and interpret it.
But to me those computer generated faces most often look perfectly blank, like those of plastic dolls.
Very much in contrast to the ink drawing showing the same scene.
From reading the text embedded in the picture, I think they are supposed to look impartial because they are required and willing to adopting an uniform, formal stance for the market, but maybe, some of them should look more suggestive, like described in the text.
Although I do like this, I like the fear and unwillingness that the girls show in the original. I've seen that picture many times before, but I don't know where it came from or who drew it. Does anyone know its source, or the story behind it? Is it just a standalone picture?

Last edited:
From reading the text embedded in the picture, I think they are supposed to look impartial because they are required and willing to adopting an uniform, formal stance for the market, but maybe, some of them should look more suggestive, like described in the text.
Although I do like this, I like the fear and unwillingness that the girls show in the original. I've seen that picture many times before, but I don't know where it came from or who drew it. Does anyone know its source, or the story behind it? Is it just a standalone picture?
From the style of drawing it looks pretty old. I'd say American 1960s or 70s, but I could be grossly wrong.

Back
Top Bottom