Uplifting Thoughts for the Isolated and Depressed in Times of Plague

Go to CruxDreams.com
I don't know Russian, but the music is nice and the girls are pretty and more.
Sign of the times: The near girl holds a phone throughout yet never looks at it?

Five girls. Find one more and you have an Act II for the CF party at the Red Lion

They're called White Gold (that should appeal to the oligarchs)
Google's version of their playlist is more intriguing than helpful:
We rehearse the songs:
1. On the mountain collective farm
2. You pidmanula me
3. Here someone came down from the hill
4. Vaenga
5. Why are you sleeping, my soul?
6. St. Petersburg path
7. Moscow golden-domed

originally a Russian song from the early twentieth century, redone and performed by Mary Hopkin, produced by Paul McCartney.
I think we've heard it on the this thread before, but it bears a re-run on the troika

This is the Rusyn dialect of Ukrainian.
True, but performed by a Slovakian group - ' Stephen - a Rusyn folk song adapted and performed by a Slovakia-based band called Hrdza. The song comes from the cross-border region of north-east Slovakia, south-east Poland and western Ukraine. Taken from the new album Hrdza: Neskrotený.'

Lots of Eastern European and Russian things here so,
how about Diana Ankudinova, who has a voice that is ... ummm ... different.
love it! There's something of Björk in her But I think she's drawing on the music and singing styles of the peoples of the steppes.

love it! There's something of Björk in her But I think she's drawing on the music and singing styles of the peoples of the steppes.
I don't know much about her, she seems to have come up in Russia through a kind of 'Got Talent' show, she's only 17 in this recording. She was criticized for mostly doing cover versions, such as Chris Isaak's 'Wicked Game' (one can imagine this in her dramatic contralto) and then started striking back with Russian songs...

And some sexy Slovaks (not sure about the message of the song though ;) )
Don't worry, I got the message right and I don't even speak Russian:

Girls, alway wear a short skirt (even in snow). Men will love you even when you smash their glasses and sprinkle beer over their heads. :p

Since we have touched on the Slavic theme, then my choice is "Pahonia" ("The Chase"), a very uplifting song and unofficial national anthem of Belarus. Words by Maxim Bahdanovich, music by Uladimir Mulyavin. Pesniary with Uladimir Mulyavin, 1993.
Жыве Беларусь! Long live Belarus!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. I usually don't like inspirational messages that much but today I really needed it. I felt particularly down and out this morning and I didn't even feel that I have enough energy to read all the new posts on CF. So I just visited this thread to listen to some uplifting songs.

Now that I read those words and also learned that a Mary Hopkin song I like was originally from Russia today, I'm already beginning to feel a bit better. I hope a shot of morning coffee will do the rest of the job. Thanks! :)

Since we have touched on the Slavic theme, then my choice is "Pahonia" ("The Chase"), a very uplifting song and unofficial national anthem of Belarus. Words by Maxim Bahdanovich, music by Uladimir Mulyavin. Pesniary with Uladimir Mulyavin, 1993.
Жыве Беларусь! Long live Belarus!
Жыве Беларусь! Long live Belarus! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Back
Top Bottom