Music

Go to CruxDreams.com
For you

Old meets older.
:)

Are you using Chrome and are you set to use Flash or HTML5?

I always had problems with Chrome not running Vids and then it was not having HTML5.

Just saying. ;)
I will check that out!
I mostly use IE, just comfortable with it.

I was always a fan of Procol Harum. Matthew Fisher is one of the greatest Hammond organ artist in rock & roll.
Here's something from that same album with a more bluesy vibe and a title that's totally appropriate for this site:
Indeed, Matthew Fisher is one of the outstanding organists in rock music and a very underrated figure. When he was in the band, he always brought a special sound. As you know, he won the lawsuit and is considered now together with Brooker as the author of music of "A Whiter Shade Of Pale". "Repent Walpurgis" is one of his masterpieces.

I thought the music was by J.S. Bach...
Once Gary Brooker was asked: "Do you pay royalties to the Bach family?". He answered: "Of course, we pay monthly." Speaking seriously, the issue of Bach's influence on "AWSOP" was repeatedly discussed by musicians, and most of them came to the conclusion that the music of this song, primarily the organ party, is inspired by Bach's music (Air from the Orchestral Suite No.3, BWV 1068), but there is no direct borrowing. Some classical musicians played on this similarity.

Last edited:
Indeed, Matthew Fisher is one of the outstanding organists in rock music and a very underrated figure. When he was in the band, he always brought a special sound. As you know, he won the lawsuit and is considered now together with Brooker as the author of music of "A Whiter Shade Of Pale". "Repent Walpurgis" is one of his masterpieces.

Great to hear this again ! I love the 5 first records of this band. The first one included AWSOP and Repent Walpurgis. But my favorite might be the third "A Salty Dog", the last with Matthew fisher.

One song from ASD by Brooker/Fisher "The Wreck of the Hesperus" :

Great to hear this again ! I love the 5 first records of this band. The first one included AWSOP and Repent Walpurgis. But my favorite might be the third "A Salty Dog", the last with Matthew Fisher.
"A Salty Dog" is my favorite Procol's album as well. Here Fisher's contribution to the band's music is the most significant. Besides the title track, "Wreck of the Hesperus" and "Pilgrim's Progress" are magnificent!

Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I have made a topic here, and I am sorry for the break I have been on. I missed you! I'm not sure if this is the right board for something that is not related to crux/bondage/ or anything else similar, but I wanted to throw this out there and maybe see what happens. If this is not the right board on the forum for this topic, my apologies!

Anyway, I will share someone I very much enjoy by the name of Joe Satriani. The song is "cherry Blossoms. It gets off to a slow start because he talks for the first minute or so before he starts playing the song, so please be patient with him! I could prob share Joe Satriani stuff all day, as he really is my fave, but for now, unless requested, I will only share this one.

And please do not forget to share some of your own, ok?

By the way for the younger audience progressive rock is an acquired taste:you need to listen to the same song a couple of time before it grows on you.

Lots of hard to find old good stuff on YouTube.

For example the BBC live sessions where some bands sound better than on their album for example
Genesis "The Return of The Giant Hogweed" :

Get em out by Friday:

The Fountain of Salmacis:

Sound better with good headphones.
By the way Hornet is a Genesis fan since 1973 :band:

Friends, what do you think of Fantasy? This band sounds not worse than Genesis and other giants of the progressive rock, IMHO.

Never heard of them until today,they were not really known in the province of
Québec where i grew up.
Thank for the link,i will take a listen to them.

On Genesis:
Thanks very much for these recordings. Some songs sound really more interesting than on the album, especially "The Fountain of Salmacis". At all, Procol Harum and Genesis are in the top of my favorite bands.
On Fantasy:
This band from UK is little-known and underestimated, unfortunately. They released only two albums, but their music is of high quality and something special. Such songs as "Icy River" or "Gnome Song" from the album "Paint a Picture" (1973) are masterpieces, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom