Go to CruxDreams.com
everyone knows Barb is well preserved, after all :D
“Preserved” in the sense of pickled in Riesling:copas:

A fine tale @DontLikeSand , with excellent illustrations. Since you ask for a favourite, it’s this one:
HangedWoman05_4.jpg
It has a really interesting perspective and viewpoint, she looks vulnerable and alone, and I love the way the shadow of the gallows falls across her thigh. This is my favourite (visual) detail in the whole thing. The punctum*, if you will.

The high viewpoint looking down allows several diagonals to occupy the composition (notably the edge of the platform, the planks, the stairs and the gallows shadow… but also in @Barbaria1 ’s shapely limbs), and diagonals ALWAYS make a composition better and more dynamic. Beautiful!

Also, the lack of a crowd of onlookers is less evident here, as they could easily be just out of shot.. though would be nice to see their feet in this view, and know there’s an audience there! (Yes I know crowd scenes are a total bitch to draw:doh:.. but you evoked them in the story.. so don’t blame me!)

You wisely set Barb’s figure off to the right, moving towards the centre of the picture, and balanced by the shadow of the noose on the platform: this brilliantly dramatises the diminishing distance between Barb and her fate. I don’t know if this was your plan or just instinct, it doesn’t really matter, it works.

*punctum…. “The punctum of a photograph is that accident which pricks me (but also bruises me, is poignant to me)” (Roland Barthes).. it’s a usually small or overlooked visual detail that suddenly makes you feel something, it can be anything, and for me it’s that shadow across Barb’s leg.

Last edited by a moderator:
“Preserved” in the sense of pickled in Riesling:copas:
Hum, not my favourite wine, a little bit dry to my taste.

A fine tale @DontLikeSand , with excellent illustrations. Since you ask for a favourite, it’s this one:

It has a really interesting perspective and viewpoint, she looks vulnerable and alone, and I love the way the shadow of the gallows falls across her thigh. This is my favourite (visual) detail in the whole thing. The punctum*, if you will. The high viewpoint looking down allows several diagonals to occupy the composition (notably the edge of the platform, the stairs and the gallows shadow… but also in @Barbaria1 ’s shapely limbs), and diagonals ALWAYS make a composition better and more dynamic. Beautiful! Also, the lack of a crowd of onlookers is less evident here, as they could easily be just out of shot.. though would be nice to see their feet in this view, and know there’s an audience there! (Yes I know crowd scenes are a total bitch to draw:doh:.. but you evoked them in the story.. so don’t blame me!)
Thank you! That's odd: did you know, as there's a limit of 10 pictures per post, I planned to delete this one because I thought it was not that good. But once shared in MP with Barb, she told me that she loved it, so I choose to make the story in two parts. I had no idea this picture could have so much techniqual qualities.
And yes, drawing a crowd would have been a real pain: it would have asked sooooo much time (especially because there would be needed to draw every character with different postures and reaction. No thanks.) Actually, the crowd is in front of the gallows, even if I know people gathered around it, even if they saw the condemned's back.

drawing a crowd would have been a real pain:
Indeed! But the trouble is that the background is actually quite detailed .. and shows no crowd at all, nobody in fact. So here the pictures clash with the story, and there’s cognitive dissonance. You might be better off with no background, and let the viewer fill it in with their imagination. Just a thought. :D

Indeed! But the trouble is that the background is actually quite detailed .. and shows no crowd at all, nobody in fact. So here the pictures clash with the story, and there’s cognitive dissonance. You might be better off with no background, and let the viewer fill it in with their imagination. Just a thought. :D
I could have create some NPCs and place them but the problem would be the same actually: they would not move (cheer in this case), and it would make just as they didn't care about the execution. And this is not only for this story, but for any of them.

I think having a background pleases more than emptiness. And actually, I prefer as well because of the ambience it brings. But I understand it could be disappointing to see an empty square for a public execution.

Actually, I ask you what pictures you like the most, but I didn't shared mine!^^ Although, like Barb, I like everyone, I should say my favourites are
I really love her look, the bravery in her eyes, and in the same time the determination before the fact she will be executed.

Those four because of the succession of events, all in just one minute or barely two. First is great because I love the fact the noose borders her face, the second because of the fact the knot is tied (got a hard time to draw this one), the third for the very tense moment -and especially when we read the text-, and the fourth because I really love the moment where the girls have their fall stopped :bdsm-heart:

the problem would be the same actually: they would not move (cheer in this case), and it would make just as they didn't care about the execution. And this is not only for this story, but for any of them.
You’re saying it’s impossible to portray an animated crowd in a still image, and I have to disagree. Depending on the level of detail, much can be suggested with stance (body language) and expression. They don’t have to look like they’re quietly waiting for a bus! :p But I certainly agree it’s a lot of fricking trouble and best avoided if possible!:D

You’re saying it’s impossible to portray an animated crowd in a still image, and I have to disagree. Depending on the level of detail, much can be suggested with stance (body language) and expression. They don’t have to look like they’re quietly waiting for a bus! :p But I certainly agree it’s a lot of fricking trouble and best avoided if possible!:D
I'm not saying showing people cheering in a still image is impossible (I made it in the story A Great Sense of Duty), but the fact that I could have made some characters in the game I use to make the backgrounds, which would be more easy and quick than drawing them, but it would have been difficult to make them cheering in the same time (especially if there are dozens of characters)

I'm not saying showing people cheering in a still image is impossible (I made it in the story A Great Sense of Duty), but the fact that I could have made some characters in the game I use to make the backgrounds, which would be more easy and quick than drawing them, but it would have been difficult to make them cheering in the same time (especially if there are dozens of characters)
Oh I see, sorry I didn’t know you used a video game for the backgrounds.. That does limit the possibilities of course! :) Maybe time to just draw everything and be free ;)

It took WAY more time to draw everything. I tried it with my very first story (just below), and that was not the most enjoyable part of the work.
Notice that this picture is very smaller than the others. Now imagine drawing this in the wide dimensions...

I use Elder Scrolls games for backgrounds: Skyrim most of the time, but for Barbaria's story, I used Oblivion (although with graphic mods with both for a better rending). I use the modding softwares to create places, none of them are existing in the games (except some interiors, as the cell where is Barb or the room where the executioner's daughter makes a noose)

Hello everyone! Not a story today, sorry, but just to tell I'll try a different format for the next one. Don't worry, there will still be a story with drawing illustrations. It just will be a little bit different.
No idea about any release though, it could take a lot of time to do. But I wanted to let you know.

By the way, as I'm posting, just let me ask you something: you probably noticed I love the medieval (more or less fantasy) theme, especially for hanging scenes. But what about you? Does it matter for you? Are you tired of it and want to see another era (Roman, SF/futuristic, modern/actual times, fan-art style)? Or do you like/love it as well?
And maybe you want other things than formal execution? Murder, suicide, or game going wrong?

I personally love the context of dispensing justice in medieval era, but I can try sometimes others forms of contexts if you want. I already know that several of you asked for a multiple/mass hanging, I don't forget it but it would take a lot of time to do.

Last edited:
Well, thanks for your reactions, although they don't really answer the questions, I guess...^^
DLS: "Do you want apples or peas?"
Heineudo, Tree, Barb and Monty: "Yes."

Nah, just a little teasing. That's still nice of you to react ;) And you're probably too busy here to have the time. No problem, I'll still do my best to make you enjoying the stories!

Oh, by the way, I have another little question: what do you think about the quality of the writing? I actually give my text (without pictures) to someone who knows my fetish but isn't in it, and they proofread it. So it's to have an idea about telling them you appreciate their work/effort.

Well, thanks for your reactions, although they don't really answer the questions, I guess...^^
DLS: "Do you want apples or peas?"
Heineudo, Tree, Barb and Monty: "Yes."

Nah, just a little teasing. That's still nice of you to react ;) And you're probably too busy here to have the time. No problem, I'll still do my best to make you enjoying the stories!

Oh, by the way, I have another little question: what do you think about the quality of the writing? I actually give my text (without pictures) to someone who knows my fetish but isn't in it, and they proofread it. So it's to have an idea about telling them you appreciate their work/effort.
Well, then I'll just take the time to answer in detail. I would like "The Roman Age or a Game Going Wrong" both of them.
And: I personally like the pictures.

Hello, gallows lovers! :hello:
No story today, but I just wanted to share a drawing. Although I like European/white girls better (and as you can see, love to make them swing), I'm still as probably everyone here (let's hope) against discrimination.
One cool thing with the gallows is, no matter your race, your skin color or whatever: you can be European, African, Arabic, Asian or Native, you always have a place on it and the noose chokes you the same way.
Then this is a little tribute to the women from everywhere on Earth: the gallows is the place of equality and they are all beautiful.
Some of you asked for multiple/mass hanging, then I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did! :D

HangedWomanBonus_03.jpg

Let's play a little game: as I didn't write a story, what if you tell the tale this picture put in your mind? It can be a short thing of course, just a few lines.

PS : this is not the project I talked about last time; it takes very much time to do, especially the backgrounds.

Back
Top Bottom