Go to CruxDreams.com
"Do you like the bite of the hot iron, witch? That's just the beginning..."

Attachments

• gabriel inquisition 406-1-.jpg
    gabriel inquisition 406-1-.jpg
    794.4 KB · Views: 1,263
but in fact I think red hot is too hot. red = about 800°C? that means probably explosive evaporation of water (in the cells), total destruction of tissue, and perhaps immediate death due to shock.

I once touched an innocent looking piece of metal of about 150°C. No glow at all, it was just standing there, but my burns lasted for weeks.

but in fact I think red hot is too hot. red = about 800°C? that means probably explosive evaporation of water (in the cells), total destruction of tissue, and perhaps immediate death due to shock.

I once touched an innocent looking piece of metal of about 150°C. No glow at all, it was just standing there, but my burns lasted for weeks.
Not to mention destroying nerve endings. Burns are really painful if you still have the ability to feel them. I've never liked the red hot iron all that much. I would prefer longevity in my victim, rather than mutilation and death. But to each his own.

Not to mention destroying nerve endings. Burns are really painful if you still have the ability to feel them. I've never liked the red hot iron all that much. I would prefer longevity in my victim, rather than mutilation and death. But to each his own.
Since it’s fantasy, I always imagine the hottest irons burning me savagely with incredible pain yet I always survive…

I think you are in all aspects totally right. And I think the red color is nothing than the means of the artist to show that the rod is hot. How could that otherwise be depicted?

I think you are in all aspects totally right. And I think the red color is nothing than the means of the artist to show that the rod is hot. How could that otherwise be depicted?
Good point, and this subject needs defining whether it's fantasy art, or a realistic scenario of some type. My fantasy world leans to severe torture, but without mutilation or death.

Back
Top Bottom