What is the most cruel story you have read?

Go to CruxDreams.com
So many stories have been posted here in the forum by various members and by far, I have not read all of them yet. But the most impressive (and in my opinion also the most brutal one) I have read so far was The Interrogation and Punishment Centre for Girls by @Eulalia

Her story describes a young woman's cruel ordeal in a fictional dictatorship. It is quite long, but it never gets boring. What I liked most about the story though was the very personal way it was written.

Without spoiling too much: The protagonist is arrested because she is the daughter of prominent political acitivists, then she gets tortured throughout several interrogation sessions and is then sentenced to death. But before that finally happens, she suffers a lot of public humiliation and punishment and also spends some time in a labor camp. Her execution in the finale of the story is beyond spectacular.

So many stories have been posted here in the forum by various members and by far, I have not read all of them yet. But the most impressive (and in my opinion also the most brutal one) I have read so far was The Interrogation and Punishment Centre for Girls by @Eulalia

Her story describes a young woman's cruel ordeal in a fictional dictatorship. It is quite long, but it never gets boring. What I liked most about the story though was the very personal way it was written.

Without spoiling too much: The protagonist is arrested because she is the daughter of prominent political acitivists, then she gets tortured throughout several interrogation sessions and is then sentenced to death. But before that finally happens, she suffers a lot of public humiliation and punishment and also spends some time in a labor camp. Her execution in the finale of the story is beyond spectacular.
I was about to suggest the same story! Agreed with everything you said there. :thumbsup: What @Eulalia the writer did to eulalia the fictional character in the story.. was so intense, shocking and unforgettable..

I have to go with the Bible. It's got murder, stonings, crucifixions, plagues, sacrifices, mass destruction of cities and much more. And think of all the cruelty it's inspired over the millennia.

As for stories here, my tastes tend to run more to the psychological rather than the extreme. Probably the most cruel story I have done is "Last Liaison in Lyon", https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/last-liaison-in-lyon.7609/, mostly because much of what is described really did happen...

I was about to suggest the same story! Agreed with everything you said there. :thumbsup: What @Eulalia the writer did to eulalia the fictional character in the story.. was so intense, shocking and unforgettable..
Thanks Dommmu and Monty - that's the sort of compliment I need to reflect on, what does it say about me?

When I came to the Forums, I'd got a few poems I wanted to share with people who'd empathise with them rather than recoiling in horror and judging me a monster - I posted 'Crucifixa' and that was well appreciated, and I think one or two others. But I had this huge fantasy of bleak, unremitted horror and cruelty that was haunting me - I think there are reasons in my life why it had taken possession of me, I needn't go into those - but writing it, The Interrogation and Punishment Centre for Girls -was certainly a kind of therapy, I needed to write it to get it under control and out of me.

As we've often found in our discussions here, our cruel fantasies seem to bear no relation to the kinds of people we are in RL - or if mine do, they are the 'dark side' of a naturally fairly quiet, peace-making person, with - under the surface - a submissive, masochistic sexuality, frankly quite shocked, even scared, by my own dreams!

But I'm happy that story does make an impact, maybe it helps others to deal with their 'dark side' too. I don't think it's the best of my stories, in terms of story or style, but I have to agree that - while they're all quite cruel - IPCG remains the cruellest.

That story that has really impressed you.

And what elements do you think a story should contain to be especially cruel?
To me, the cruelty comes from the injustice of the story. A victim, heroine, who is likable and sweet, who is placed in the most brutal and most hopeless situation is what is cruel (and stimulating). I cannot name one story that is most cruel. Though two mentioned, Scapegoat and The Interrogation and Punishment Centre for Girls (note to Eul - you'll sell more books with shorter, snappier titles) are superb stories - extremely cruel

This isn't a place for self-promotion (but I do it anyway). So I won't mention my own cruelest, "The Nude Nurse" and "Hanged for Shoplifting" (oops, I guess I did)
a submissive, masochistic sexuality, frankly quite shocked, even scared, by my own dreams!
A fascinating and insightful admission. We on the sadist side are also often shocked and scared by our dreams.
Many on CF (myself certainly included) should heed the advice, "Be careful what you wish for"

A fascinating and insightful admission. We on the sadist side are also often shocked and scared by our dreams.
Many on CF (myself certainly included) should heed the advice, "Be careful what you wish for"
If you ever come into a billion dollars, you can buy a private island in a country that is accommodating to wealthy foreigners and act out your fantasies.;)
A victim, heroine, who is likable and sweet,
What if they complain constantly (not thinking of anyone in particular)?

If you ever come into a billion dollars, you can buy a private island in a country that is accommodating to wealthy foreigners and act out your fantasies.;)

What if they complain constantly (not thinking of anyone in particular)?
Then it's not cruelty; it's justice!

For example, I don't think my first Singapore story was cruel at all, she deserved everything she got. But by the third story, she was the helpless victim of an unjust system and it was very cruel!

As we've often found in our discussions here, our cruel fantasies seem to bear no relation to the kinds of people we are in RL - or if mine do, they are the 'dark side' of a naturally fairly quiet, peace-making person, with - under the surface - a submissive, masochistic sexuality, frankly quite shocked, even scared, by my own dreams!

As long as our 'dark side' remains in our fantasy, there is nothing to worry about. ;)

But I absolutely agree with you on this point and also recognize a lot of myself in it.

In RL conflict situations, I would say that I am always someone who tries the peaceful approach, arguing with reason instead of emotions (or fists). And I remember from the few brawls I had back when I was still in school, there was always some kind of inner hand break holding me back, since I did not want to hurt the others, even if they might have deserved it.

I think most people (apart from the most bovine) have imaginations that sometimes go to dark places .. the great thing about cf is we sometimes get to turn it into creativity.. and even spot a few of those sparks of the Sublime that are only visible against a dark background.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a very interesting topic. I have read (and written) many cruel and sadistic stories and have noticed that the better written ones, regardless of the degree of cruelty and brutality, are usually written by people who are not only interesting and intelligent, but very nice, thoughtful people to chat with.
On the other hand, badly written stories seem to be produced by people who may well reflect their fantasies in real life.
Just a thought.

I think a 'must' in this thread has to be

Miss Berkeley’s Voyage
By
King Diocletian

If you just take a quick glance at it you'll probably think it's just another story (or even boring), but if you savor every word you'll agree with me that "Miss Berkeley’s Voyage" has to be in this thread.

I've read so many as to probably forget several - excessive ones can turn me off. I'll second Eulalia's masterpiece, which I read relatively recently - although with the caveat that it is very excessive. But that sort of intensity can be good in smaller doses.

(One of the notable points in it is that it's not actually 100% unremitting torture - there are highs too, even if only relative, to set off the lows.)

I'll also second that any horror we dream up here (at least in detail) has likely been surpassed (if physically possible) by those of more imagination than conscience sometime in history.

Back
Top Bottom