Zcruxx Art

Go to CruxDreams.com
beautyci2.png
This is beautiful drawing, @zcruxx !

Anyway, I just want to say that there are some members who post rarely on this forum,
but when they do it is original art.

1MB or 2MB what is the point of blindly applying such a rule when the entirety of the user's posts eat less bandwidth than one page in an off-topic thread.

It must especially be a strange feeling to return after an absence with some good new original work,
and the reward it is met with is deletion.

Anyway, I just want to say that there are some members who post rarely on this forum,

1MB or 2MB what is the point of blindly applying such a rule when the entirety of the user's posts eat less bandwidth than one page in an off-topic thread.

It must especially be a strange feeling to return after an absence with some good new original work,
Well said.

Very good point. Worth for thinking over.
But to approve such different postings would be a reason for Arguments and not useful discussions.

Please don't be hard on Madi. He is shouldering many site responsibilities. Without him this site would sink.

It seems me, the limit for own art is now 2MB. I'!ve noted that not and in my mind was the 1MB limit present.
My apologies for the deleted images by @zcruxx!

I've reinstated that deleted post, all the files come in under 2 meg. I swapped one that was posted in a following post, and one that needed swapping as the wrong pic was posted originally, after talking to Zcruxx

I've reinstated that deleted post, all the files come in under 2 meg. I swapped one that was posted in a following post, and one that needed swapping as the wrong pic was posted originally, after talking to Zcruxx
Thank you, @phlebas!
A few thoughts and facts to the rescued original files.
Outside of CMCK shold the members prefer the JPG-File-format.
Look the difference (same image resolution):
Image1.gif
I think the difference of file size is signifikant for our fight against bandwidth overusing.
All images now under the 400kB borderline.

Attachments

• asdads1231asi.jpg
    asdads1231asi.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 686
  • beautyci2.jpg
    beautyci2.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 678
  • Clementine.jpg
    Clementine.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 809
  • crx_svr_min.jpg
    crx_svr_min.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 833
  • studyc_min.jpg
    studyc_min.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 845
Last edited:
Thank you, @phlebas!
A few thoughts and facts to the rescued original files.
Outside of CMCK shold the members prefer the JPG-File-format.
Look the difference (same image resolution):
View attachment 1267813
I think the difference of file size is signifikant for our fight against bandwidth overusing.
All images now under the 400kB borderline.
Good point!
Members should avoid .png file format except if transparency is needed for photo-manipulation.
Like in our great "Crucifixion Manipulations Construction Kit" thread: https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/crucifixion-manipulations-construction-kit.4027/

Well different filetypes have different uses. Jpg is good for file size… but not much else. No transparency, no animation. It also is not lossless, and the comprehension on jpgs is super obvious and ugly.( Wepb images are smaller than that, everyone!)

Also, jpgs were designed for photography. Using them on line art introduces the artifacts even more obviously! Here are some examples of why jpg compression isn’t ideal for this line art.

Zcruxx's Original PNG:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...10671599730728/Clementine_Closeup_Orginal.png

With the JPGG compression Madiosi used:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...250428/Clementine_Closeup_JPG_Artifacting.png
PNG is lossless, and it has transparency. (Which was stripped with the jpg conversion) but it is a big file. I understand that’s an issue, but smaller file sizes come with trade offs, it’s not as simple as jpg

Just for fun, here's the image, featuring ONLY the JPG Artifacts:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...15327178854/Clementine_Just_the_Artifacts.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom