Imprisonment and Execution in Modern Singapore Part III of Barb's Singapore Saga

Go to CruxDreams.com
Sembilan Belas, Cell 22 Death Row, Changi Prison, Thursday, March 28th, 8:50 AM
Barb awoke on Thursday after the best night sleep she’d had in several days. It can be fascinating how the human mind adapts to stresses. Even the prospect of future torture and death might not disturb sleep if given a respite from constant beatings and rapes. Besides, Barb still hoped that Jeffrey would be able to delay her caning and overturn her death sentence (if he got his mind off that slutty assistant of his.

After she quickly finished her breakfast, she was astounded when the guard offered her seconds. When they were brought, they included a real piece of toast and two strips of bacon. In her former life back in Minneapolis, Barb rarely ate bacon, not healthy enough. However, after weeks of gray, characterless prison gruel, a real piece of food was a heavenly treat.

Her former life? As she thought of that, Barb remembered that only a month ago, she could never have imagined where she was now. Then she realized that a month from now she might not be alive! Her cheer fled, and she broke down in tears.

A while later, Dr. Liú entered. Again, she was saddened to see Barbara so distraught. She knelt and gently wrapped her arms around the sobbing girl and held her tight. Soon Barb was able to contain herself and thanked Chuhua for the gesture.

“It is not a thing, Miss Moore. Sometimes a healer must heal any means possible.”

The doctor proceeded to examine the prisoner and pronounced her in excellent condition included her nearly healed feet. Barb concurred, saying she had stood on them this morning for a few minutes, and they were only sore, not hurting.

Chunhua stayed and chatted a little while before bidding goodbye and promising to look in for the “required” exam the next morning.

Legal Conference Room, US Embassy, Singapore Thursday, 1:30 PM
Jeffrey and Amanda were pouring over their papers in the conference room soon after lunch. Since the kiss the day before, both were nervous around the other and anxious not to send improper signals. Therefore, when Minister Burnside stuck his head in, they were maintaining a respectable social distance from each other.

“Working hard on Miss Moore’s appeal?”

“Yes, sir. We’ve made some good progress at ways to challenge the guilty verdict.”

“Quite so. I have some positive news also. The Ambassador was at some government reception last night and was able to talk privately with the President about the case, off the record, of course. He said that the President seemed open to the idea of reducing the sentence to a long term in a labor camp. The Ambassador made sure he knew that the US would be embarrassed by an execution and would be very pleased with any other sentence.”

“Well, that’s good,” said Jeffrey, trying to sound enthusiastic. But Barbara spending twenty years (if she lived that long) in a jungle labor camp hardly seemed a significant improvement in her prospects. “However, it only goes to the President if we lose at the Appeals Court. We are concentrating on winning there.”

“Good, good,” said the Minister. “But be sure to lay the groundwork for an appeal to the President for clemency and a reduced sentence. That might be the best we can get. Above all, we don’t want her executed! That would be a black eye for the Ambassador and the whole Embassy. We’re counting on you two to avoid any embarrassment for the U.S.A., understand?”

“Yes, sir,” said Jeffrey, without much enthusiasm. “You can count on us, sir!” chimed in Amanda in her most cheerful voice.

Central Narcotics Bureau Singapore, Thursday, 2:15 PM
Lieutenant Jimmy Rogers sat at his desk, staring at the paper in his sweaty hands. Topped with the official seal of Changi Prison:

View attachment 866472
Entitles the bearer to admission on Friday, March 29th, 2019, to the public Punishment Room, VIP Section.
for the
Caning of Barbara Ann Moore, drug dealer

Reception for VIPs beginning at 9:15 AM.
All Refreshments will be complementary.
[Washable clothing recommended]
Seat A15

Jimmy had never seen Barbara Moore, except in photographs, before this Monday’s trial. When he did see her brought into court, wearing those skimpy prison clothes, he thought he might come in his pants. When Rogers hadn’t been testifying, he was unable to take his eyes off her. Now, he would have a front-row seat to see her beautiful ass caned. He’d only attended one caning, that viewed from a back row, and the recipient was a fifty-year-old, dirty, fat, male drug dealer. Even that had been a bit erotic, watching the soft asscheeks pounded and cut by the brutal caner. What would Moore’s be like? Jimmy resolved that he would stuff some tissues in his pants to avoid clear evidence of an “accident.”

He put down the slip on his desk. It was limp from his sweat. He wanted to keep it safe.

Cell 22 Death Row, Changi Prison, Thursday, 8:50 AM
Barbara was relieved when Thursday passed as uneventfully as Wednesday. Her body was almost completely healed, and her food rations had been improved.

Later in the evening, Imran and two guards entered and shouted, “Inspection Position.” Barb hurried to her feet, and assumed the position with only mild discomfort in her feet. As the others inspected her, Imran stood with his arms crossed and smiled.

After a thorough probing and poking, Barb was allowed to stand unmolested.

“I need to see if you have learned obedience and respect,” he said. “Turn and face the wall. Legs two feet apart. Now, step back a few inches.”

He came around to Barbara’s side, and he drew his truncheon. She shivered with fear and closed her eyes at the sight.

“Look at me!” he commanded. Barb opened her eyes and looked at him pleadingly. “I won’t hit you with this if you obey my orders. However, if you don’t…” he brought the wood weapon right in front of her belly. “…I might! Will you obey?”

“Yes, Sir,” Barb answered promptly.

“We shall see,” said the chief guard.
I was delighted when my invitation card dropped through the letter box. Such a distinctive design, very eye catching. I can hardly wait ...

PrPr I can only apologise for losing sight of the last few chapters of this magnificent tale. For some reason my notifications were not apparent. I am busy correcting that right now and catching up rapidly!

Eagar Guests Set out for the Big Event

Dua Puluh Dua Foreign Student Dormitory, Singapore University, 8:15
Amanda Jones looked in the full-length mirror for the umpteenth time, assessing her appearance. She knew she should focus on the seriousness of Barbara Moore’s punishment. Still, the prospect of going to a fancy reception with the painfully handsome Jeffrey Hodges and then sitting beside him for most of the morning, had 19-years-old’s stomach all a-flutter.

One last check, she told herself.

Starting on top with her honey-blonde (natural, though most were sure she bleached it) hair styled in a layered bob, she was at least satisfied.
Her face, however, was a different story. Amanda never tried to do much with her face, not for modesty – but because it was hopeless. Her blue eyes were impossibly pale, and her nose was too small, and her lips too full, and, worst of all, her skin, so pale and freckled! Yuch! A little foundation and blush to hide and soften the look was all she could hope to do.
Not only was Amanda short at 5’1” (155 cm), but her upper body was slight, almost child-like. Combined with her face, it all made her look much younger than her nineteen years – something that she hated with a passion. She wanted to be taken seriously, not like a little schoolgirl.
Her trim and firm breasts never needed a bra, and, this morning as most mornings, she eschewed one. Amanda admired her fashionably slim waist. However, below, she knew, with great regret, that her hips and butt were too big. She’d always envied those women like Miss Moore who, though so much older, still had tight little rears. Of course, there was nothing to be done for that.
She’d chosen her new pale blue semi-sheer, glitter fabric blouse, short-sleeved, and with a rather daring neckline. It was just a little too short to tuck, and it bared a ring around her middle that flirted nicely with the new stretch knit black mini skirt she’d purchased (blouse and skirt were a quarter of her intern paycheck – hey, you had to spend first on necessities). Five-inch, strap-on pumps helped a little with her height problem.

Yes. It wasn’t much. But it was the best Amanda could do. She headed for the bus to the Embassy.

[Redacted] Classic Bungalow, Yarwood Avenue, Singapore, Friday 8:20 AM
Rut Betar-Gisber allowed the liveried chauffeur to help her into the back of the Singapore Courts stretch white Rolls Royce limousine. Immaculately dressed and made up as always by her personal maid, she hadn’t deigned to make any special effort to prepare for attending Barbara Moore’s punishment. Having enjoyed the first caning several weeks ago, she was looking forward to seeing the bitch suffer.

“Thank you, Gana,” she said to her driver. “We can go pick up Justices Gamble and Lin now.”
“Yes, Your Ladyship.”
Rut turned to Josephine, already seated in the limo, “Good Morning, my Dear. How is that little injury of yours?”
“Healing nicely, Your Ladyship. Though it still is very uncomfortable to sit,” the First Minister replied, squirming on the padded seat.
“Let that be a lesson to you, gadis muda (young girl),” Rut said in an undertone. “It will be a salutary reminder to feel pain down there as you watch Miss Moore receive her just punishment.”
“Yes, Mama,” said Josephine, also in a conspiratorial whisper.

Central Narcotics Bureau, Detectives’ Lavatory, Singapore, Friday 8:30 AM
Jimmy Rogers was sweating with excitement and wiped his face with a paper towel for the fifth time. Barbara Moore’s caning was today, and he, Lieutenant Jimmy Rogers, would have a VIP seat to view her naked ass being beaten and cut. He examined himself in the lavatory mirror and approved of what he saw. Sure, he wasn’t handsome like some of the pretty-boy guys like Moore’s American attorney. But he saw himself as the kind of earthy, sexy man that real women appreciated. He had covered his balding pate with a well-oiled comb-over, and you could hardly detect it. His deep, close-set eyes were a sign of intelligence to intimidate drug scum like Moore (despite his testimony, he had no drug evidence, whatsoever, on the American. However, the Second (now First) Minister of Home Affairs had assured him that she was deeply involved, and it was crucial to the Ministry that the woman be convicted. Who was Jimmy to second guess someone as smart as Josephine Shanmugam?). He had put on a few pounds over the years, but the bulk just gave his extra power to break down a meth lab door.
Jimmy was disappointed that his good black suit seems to have shrunk some, making it fit a tad too tight. He’d gotten used to leaving the top shirt button undone and his tie a bit loose to affect a casual air.
Yessir, he thought, I’ll hold my own this morning with these big-wigs. He even thought he’d try to make a move on the cheap bleached-blonde bimbo who worked with the American lawyer. He knew that if he got her away from Hodges for even a few minutes, his male attractiveness would overcome any of her childish resistance.
Looking at his watch, Rogers hurried out into the hall to the front entrance to hail a cab.

[Redacted] Hodges Residence, Singapore, Friday, 8:35 AM
Jeffrey kissed his wife goodbye and hurried to the Embassy. He had, as usual, given up on establishing any control over his unruly hair. His wife insisted he leave it this length because she said it was “cute and a little sexy.” Unfortunately, the length and curl made it look constantly unkempt.
He was under extraordinary pressure this morning. Witnessing Barb’s caning was going to be very difficult. However, even more concerning, was spending most of the day out of the office and in close contact with Amanda. Fortunately, the kiss in the conference room yesterday had not lead to anything worse. But he found his mind constantly focused on the pretty, sexy, perpetually cheerful little blonde. She was only 19, for Christ’s sake! he told himself. She’s just a naïve kid, and you want to notch another conquest on your belt! Just be professional today and focus on Barbara Moore. Though, when she was caned, it was important not to focus too much on her naked ass and blatantly exposed privates. Shit, that thought had now started an erection! Shit!

Attorney General’s Chambers, Singapore, Friday, 8:50 AM
Lee Cher Leng, walked out of his office and outside into the already warm and humid Singapore morning. It’ll be a lot warmer for Barbara Moore shortly, he thought. Waiting at the curb was the white limo that Judge Betar Gisber had arranged. As he stepped in, he thought to himself of the multiple benefits that would accrue from a friendship with the most powerful woman in Singapore!

One last check, she told herself ...

Attachments

• Amanda.jpeg
    Amanda.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 75
Dua Puluh Lima Reception Hall, Changi Prison, Friday, 9:21 AM

Wearing a broad smile, the immaculately uniformed Commandant stepped up to greet the Americans.

“Mr. Hodges, I am glad to welcome you again to Changi, though I recognize you must regret the reason. However, please introduce me to your lovely assistant. I had the opportunity to admire her from a distance in court, but we have not formally been introduced. If you would, Mr. Hodges?”

“Of course. Amanda, may I present The Commandant of Changi Prison Complex, Major Mamat bin Osman. Mamat, this is Amanda Jones, a student at Georgetown University in the US Capital. She is here as an intern for this semester and is serving as my law clerk.”

“You will be doubly served, Mr. Hodges, if her legal talents match her appearance. It is my deep honor and pleasure to meet you, Miss. Jones.” With that, he took her proffered hand. But, rather than shaking it, he bowed stiffly from the waist and lightly kissed her hand. Amanda, the simple girl from a working-class home in Wisconsin, blushed deeply at the gallant gesture.

“What do you think of our upgraded entertainment venue, Mr. Hodges? We have been able to do it all with no government money, just the proceeds of ticket sales and television rights.” He didn’t mention the more considerable sums derived from transactions on the dark web, which found their way into other coffers. “See those chandeliers,” pointing upward, “we commissioned them from the American artist, Dale Chihuly from Seattle. We had him reproduce the work that hangs in the atrium lobby on the Disney Wonder Cruise Ship. Miss Jones, I understand he attended the University of Wisconsin–Madison in your home town.”

“Oh my gosh, really?” Amanda responded. “I went to school just blocks from the University! I always so envied the students there. Major, this is really the loveliest room. It all looks so rich and fancy. Gosh, I can’t believe how beautiful it all is!”

Even maintaining his disciplined posture, Mamat could not help but be charmed by the girl’s innocent manner and bright enthusiasm.

“As I said, Mr. Hodges,” said the Major, turning to Jeffrey and winking. “You are doubly blessed!”

Just then, the Commandant spied another guest arriving. He turned to Jeffrey and said, “I beg your pardon, Mr. Hodges, but I must greet a new guest. Miss Jones,” he said, taking Amanda’s hand and again bowing to kiss it, “I can only say that I eagerly await our next meeting!” With that, he turned and strode away.

“What a wonderfully polite man!” said Amanda. Such posh manners!” Jeffrey smiled, knowing the Commandant’s manners were impeccable, but his attention to Amanda was driven by his appreciation of her strong sex appeal.

A waitress came around with a tray of Champagne flutes. She was wearing a skimpy black and white outfit that revealed far more then the average waitress would. Jeffrey noted her gold name tag, “Charlotte, Forgery.” When he asked its meaning, she replied meekly, with downcast eyes. “That was the crime for which I was sentenced to Changi. The Commandant has generously attempted to train me for a more productive occupation when I am released.”

Jeffrey took a glass to fortify himself for the ordeal ahead while Amanda refused.

“I’d advise you have at least one to be prepared for the caning.”

“I can’t, I’m not 21,” Amanda replied, blushing.

“Drinking age in Singapore is 18,” said Jeffrey grabbing a second glass and handing it to her. “I’m sure you’ve had your share at Georgetown parties; here you can drink legally.”

Amanda shyly took the glass. In truth, she’d never had alcohol. Her family were strict teetotallers. Amanda herself wasn’t one to break the rules, especially the law! Also, she was very reticent socially. She didn’t date in High School to concentrate on her studies and cheerleading. In college, she had been asked many times, but only went out a few times on what weren’t so much dates as group activities.

When Jones came to Singapore this February, she had resolved to get much-needed practice with adult social skills. Jeffrey was her first attempt. However, there was no way she would let him know how inexperienced she was. That was why Amanda tried to dress and act like a mature woman. She worried that her size already invited him to think of her as a little girl.

“To saving Miss Moore,” said Jeffrey, clicking glasses. “Bottoms up,” and he drained his glass. Amanda, not to seem disloyal, did the same. The sweet wine went down remarkably easy, though she did cough lightly on the bubbles.

“Atta, girl,” said Jeffrey, turning to the waitress and exchanging their empty glasses for fresh, handed one to Amanda. Then another waitress appeared with appetizers. They each grabbed a chicken satay with peanut sauce dip. It was delicious! The hot peanut sauce made Amanda sip more at her wine.

When the waitress bent down to retrieve used napkins from a side table, Jeffrey was astonished and delighted to be able to look down the front of her dress and see her bare breasts and nipples.

Amanda caught his leer. She surreptitiously unbuttoned the top button on her blouse. She wasn’t going to let an inmate waitress steal Mr. Hodges’ attention.

“Jeffrey.” He turned from the mammary display back to Amanda, who was displaying some of her own. “Mr. Hodges, I want to thank you for including me in your work and the trial and especially bringing me to this. I have never been treated so generously in my life. Gosh, you are very special!”

Jeffrey almost blushed at the praise and the view down Amanda’s gaping blouse. He was thinking how to respond without merely inviting her to a hotel room then and there, when he glimp[sed Judge Rut Betar-Gisber seeking his attention and imperiously waved him over to where she was “holding court” attended by Josephine and Justices Gamble and Lin from Barbara’s trial.

“I’m sorry, Amanda. That was very sweet, and we can talk more later, but Justice Gisber is waving for me, and one doesn’t ignore Her Ladyship. You wait here. You aren’t needed, and I want to spare you from having to deal with the ‘Dragon Lady.’”

His comment drew a loud laugh from the girl, who was beginning to feel her second glass of champagne.

“OK, but do hurry back, I don’t know anyone here.” She said, fluttering her eyelids rather blatantly at him. Jeffrey now very much wanted to stay with this sweet young thing, but duty called. He gave her a wink and promised that he would return shortly.

Amanda, left alone and feeling out of her depth in the fancy crowd, toward an empty corner and nervously finished her second glass.

download.jpgwpid3707-DCLBlog_DSC_2376-Edit_Disney-Cruise-Line-Wonders-Atrium-Lobby-Dale-Chihuly-Chandelier.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom