Imprisonment and Execution in Modern Singapore Part III of Barb's Singapore Saga

Go to CruxDreams.com
It never seems to occur to Jeffrey that it didn't exactly require back-room dealings of the high and mighty to exploit his array of weaknesses, merely a thimbleful of insight. A blindness to his own weaknesses which allows Scot to continue to manipulate him with relative ease.

The cherry on the cake is that he is encouraged to manifest his illusions of control by keeping his wife "in line", as though his sense of power there had any bearing on the many people who have pulled his strings. And any dressing-down he receives from Barbara is probably only going to strengthen his need to demonstrate his own power.

Kathy is in for a rough night.
It`s all Barb`s fault, it was watching her erotic contortions when she was caned that has fired his sadistic tendencies ,poor Kathy has been reduced from wife to whipping girl.

Presidential Receiving Room, The Istana, Singapore, Friday, 10:39 AM
Rayyan again appeared and again apologized for the delay. The President’s plane had landed, and she would be helicoptered to the Istana. That would take no longer than ten or fifteen minutes.
Now Musa was also fretting. It was looking close to eleven before they could see her. That would be cutting a noon execution very tight. He and Frost whispered anxiously about their concerns. Colonel An Kow advised them to relax. After all, he said, she would probably turn them down anyway.
The last fleeting hope for the girls. But will it be too little, too late? And did our team make a fatal mistake not bringing along the legal eagle Hodges instead of the fossil Frost?

It`s all Barb`s fault, it was watching her erotic contortions when she was caned that has fired his sadistic tendencies ,poor Kathy has been reduced from wife to whipping girl.
Yes it is! And she's the one who crashed the CF system!

To give my readers some perspective on the ridiculous length of this undertaking, Singapore I was just under 33,000 words. Singapore II was just over 58,000 words. Singapore III will be more than those two combined!!!
The good news: I'm hoping only ten to twenty posts remain. After all, we are very close to the end at noon. Don't worry though, I shall be sure to drag out their death agonies as long as possible.

Today, a difficult conversation and a rapidly approaching deadline. And then, we meet a new character, Ravi s/o (son of) Govindasamy, the 67th (!) named character in the Trilogy. And the 160th episode.

Seratus Enam Puluh (160) – 1 Hour 10 Minutes

Attorney Remote Conference Room Changi Prison, Singapore, Friday 10:50 AM
It wasn't easy to maintain a conversation under these conditions. The remote hookup with the time delay would hinder give and take under the best of circumstances. Jeffrey had nothing new he could report, and the women had been sternly warned not to talk about their treatment in prison. After the initial greetings and awkward small talk, silences were followed by short comments and occasional bits of humor that mostly fell flat.

The one person who sincerely tried to maintain a conversation was Amanda. First, she gushed with repeated thanks to Jeffrey for all he had done (even as Barbara rolled her eyes) and was full of praise for what an outstanding lawyer he was. Then she apologized for being a burden to him and preventing him from spending his entire time on Barbara’s case (she expressed her opinion that if not for her own drug mistake, Barbara would be free now).
Once Amanda was on the topic of Barbara’s case (which she stated emphatically to be the worst miscarriage of justice ever!), she began her companion's praises. Barbara’s strength and courage were almost unbelievable, Jones thought. She went on at length about how Moore had unselfishly encouraged her.
“There was no way I’d have made it through last night in one piece if it weren’t for Miss Moore’s constant concern for me!” Amanda stated with a cheerful enthusiasm. “I am convinced I was right, making Barbara my personal hero. She hasn't disappointed me one bit. I will be proud to go to my death with her!” Barbara bit her tongue and said nothing.

Even as the other two sank into silence, Amanda would come back with some cheerleader motto or other positive saying to brighten their spirits. Jeffery thought it was unbelievable that Amanda had that uplifting spirit and courage. Barbara just thought it was unbelievable!

Presidential Receiving Room, The Istana, Singapore, Friday, 10:52 AM
Rayyan appeared again to update the schedule. He explained that the President’s helicopter had just landed. She would go from the copter to her private quarters to freshen up. Then she would come to the office. When she was ready, the visitors would be brought into the office.
And how long might that be, darling,” asked Frost with a touch of sarcasm in his voice.
“Twenty minutes, I would guess. But I do not control Her Excellency,” Rayyan said, staring Jack down.
“Please take it easy, friend,” whispered Musa.
“I’m trying my level best,” said Frost. “But twenty minutes from now will only leave, at most, forty-eight minutes!”
“I know, my friend,” said Musa with a sad voice. “I know.”

Employee Locker Room Changi Prison, Friday, 10:59 AM
Ravi s/o Govindasamy looked in the mirror as he primped for today’s executions. He believed that maintaining a professional appearance was essential to offset his youth. Only twenty-eight years old, it was most remarkable that Ravi had already been the Chief Executioner at Changi for over two years.
But, then, almost everything about Ravi was remarkable. Being a Hindu Tamil in itself was rare in Singapore. Early in school, he displayed outstanding ability in math and sciences. He enrolled in the elite NUS High School and received his diploma in four years versus the usual six as an A-level holder. He then went on a full scholarship to the Singapore Institute of Technology. He combined the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Master of Engineering Technology (MEngTech) programs to graduate at 22. Ravi was immediately hired by Broadtech Engineering, the premier Engineering Design firm in Singapore.

Broadtech worked as the local partner in collaboration with Lambertz Maschinenbau in the design, construction, and installation of the new caning system, and later the impalation stands at Changi. Ravi was assigned to the project from the beginning. Soon, the German engineers were so impressed that they insisted Ravi be the lead Singaporean designer on the project. Ravi was so taken with the cutting-edge technologies employed in the projects that he applied to Changi to be the new machines' maintenance engineer. He was hired, and his mastery of the equipment led to him being made Chief Executioner in February 2017, at twenty-five. On the 23rd of March, this year, he had turned twenty-eight.

Ravi wasn’t a ghoul and took no particular pleasure in killing people. He did find the execution by impalement of young, attractive women sexually stimulating. However, what really fascinated him was the intersection between engineering and anatomy, the balance between controlling the impalement and strangulation, and the prolongation of life and suffering. He prided himself on his ability to play the equipment’s controls like a fine musical instrument.
Today would test his powers to the max. Never before had three prisoners been scheduled for a simultaneous execution. And these three were said to be remarkably beautiful women! He knew there would be a full house of influential dignitaries present as well as a massive audience on pay-per-view.
It would be Ravi’s job to control and fine-tune the three descending wheels and three strangling nooses to keep all three victims close to, but not prematurely over, the edge. The controls consisted of toggle-sticks, three controlling the motors ratcheting the wheels downward, and another three powering the winches that played out the hanging nooses. The sticks were very sensitive, allowing fine control of the motors. It would be a challenging task to coordinate and synch the six functions.

Rather than being intimidated by the challenge and the attention given, Ravi was confident in his skills. He knew he could provide a superior show to the demanding audience. Ravi would stretch out (the young man liked using that word when he did a hanging) the girls’ deaths as long and painfully as possible. And Ravi knew that he would be, next to the sexy babes, the star of the show!

Presidential Receiving Room, The Istana, Singapore, Friday, 11:07 AM
As Rayyan appeared again, Frost braced himself for another delay. His heart sank as he knew that this one would doom their efforts to prevent the noon executions.
However, this time, Bin Haziq had a smile on his face and announced, “Her Excellency, the President has hurried here to meet you. Please come in.”

Today, a difficult conversation and a rapidly approaching deadline. And then, we meet a new character, Ravi s/o (son of) Govindasamy, the 67th (!) named character in the Trilogy. And the 160th episode.

Seratus Enam Puluh (160) – 1 Hour 10 Minutes

Attorney Remote Conference Room Changi Prison, Singapore, Friday 10:50 AM
It wasn't easy to maintain a conversation under these conditions. The remote hookup with the time delay would hinder give and take under the best of circumstances. Jeffrey had nothing new he could report, and the women had been sternly warned not to talk about their treatment in prison. After the initial greetings and awkward small talk, silences were followed by short comments and occasional bits of humor that mostly fell flat.

The one person who sincerely tried to maintain a conversation was Amanda. First, she gushed with repeated thanks to Jeffrey for all he had done (even as Barbara rolled her eyes) and was full of praise for what an outstanding lawyer he was. Then she apologized for being a burden to him and preventing him from spending his entire time on Barbara’s case (she expressed her opinion that if not for her own drug mistake, Barbara would be free now).
Once Amanda was on the topic of Barbara’s case (which she stated emphatically to be the worst miscarriage of justice ever!), she began her companion's praises. Barbara’s strength and courage were almost unbelievable, Jones thought. She went on at length about how Moore had unselfishly encouraged her.
“There was no way I’d have made it through last night in one piece if it weren’t for Miss Moore’s constant concern for me!” Amanda stated with a cheerful enthusiasm. “I am convinced I was right, making Barbara my personal hero. She hasn't disappointed me one bit. I will be proud to go to my death with her!” Barbara bit her tongue and said nothing.

Even as the other two sank into silence, Amanda would come back with some cheerleader motto or other positive saying to brighten their spirits. Jeffery thought it was unbelievable that Amanda had that uplifting spirit and courage. Barbara just thought it was unbelievable!

Presidential Receiving Room, The Istana, Singapore, Friday, 10:52 AM
Rayyan appeared again to update the schedule. He explained that the President’s helicopter had just landed. She would go from the copter to her private quarters to freshen up. Then she would come to the office. When she was ready, the visitors would be brought into the office.
And how long might that be, darling,” asked Frost with a touch of sarcasm in his voice.
“Twenty minutes, I would guess. But I do not control Her Excellency,” Rayyan said, staring Jack down.
“Please take it easy, friend,” whispered Musa.
“I’m trying my level best,” said Frost. “But twenty minutes from now will only leave, at most, forty-eight minutes!”
“I know, my friend,” said Musa with a sad voice. “I know.”

Employee Locker Room Changi Prison, Friday, 10:59 AM
Ravi s/o Govindasamy looked in the mirror as he primped for today’s executions. He believed that maintaining a professional appearance was essential to offset his youth. Only twenty-eight years old, it was most remarkable that Ravi had already been the Chief Executioner at Changi for over two years.
But, then, almost everything about Ravi was remarkable. Being a Hindu Tamil in itself was rare in Singapore. Early in school, he displayed outstanding ability in math and sciences. He enrolled in the elite NUS High School and received his diploma in four years versus the usual six as an A-level holder. He then went on a full scholarship to the Singapore Institute of Technology. He combined the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Master of Engineering Technology (MEngTech) programs to graduate at 22. Ravi was immediately hired by Broadtech Engineering, the premier Engineering Design firm in Singapore.

Broadtech worked as the local partner in collaboration with Lambertz Maschinenbau in the design, construction, and installation of the new caning system, and later the impalation stands at Changi. Ravi was assigned to the project from the beginning. Soon, the German engineers were so impressed that they insisted Ravi be the lead Singaporean designer on the project. Ravi was so taken with the cutting-edge technologies employed in the projects that he applied to Changi to be the new machines' maintenance engineer. He was hired, and his mastery of the equipment led to him being made Chief Executioner in February 2017, at twenty-five. On the 23rd of March, this year, he had turned twenty-eight.

Ravi wasn’t a ghoul and took no particular pleasure in killing people. He did find the execution by impalement of young, attractive women sexually stimulating. However, what really fascinated him was the intersection between engineering and anatomy, the balance between controlling the impalement and strangulation, and the prolongation of life and suffering. He prided himself on his ability to play the equipment’s controls like a fine musical instrument.
Today would test his powers to the max. Never before had three prisoners been scheduled for a simultaneous execution. And these three were said to be remarkably beautiful women! He knew there would be a full house of influential dignitaries present as well as a massive audience on pay-per-view.
It would be Ravi’s job to control and fine-tune the three descending wheels and three strangling nooses to keep all three victims close to, but not prematurely over, the edge. The controls consisted of toggle-sticks, three controlling the motors ratcheting the wheels downward, and another three powering the winches that played out the hanging nooses. The sticks were very sensitive, allowing fine control of the motors. It would be a challenging task to coordinate and synch the six functions.

Rather than being intimidated by the challenge and the attention given, Ravi was confident in his skills. He knew he could provide a superior show to the demanding audience. Ravi would stretch out (the young man liked using that word when he did a hanging) the girls’ deaths as long and painfully as possible. And Ravi knew that he would be, next to the sexy babes, the star of the show!

Presidential Receiving Room, The Istana, Singapore, Friday, 11:07 AM
As Rayyan appeared again, Frost braced himself for another delay. His heart sank as he knew that this one would doom their efforts to prevent the noon executions.
However, this time, Bin Haziq had a smile on his face and announced, “Her Excellency, the President has hurried here to meet you. Please come in.”
"... However, what really fascinated him was the intersection between engineering and anatomy ..." Yeah right! Time is really, really running out!

What a change from the usual Seagrams-sozzled executioners
Actually, Ravi would tell you he learned all he knows about hanging from a little pamphlet he found in a used books store in Singapore, "A guide to Ozark Hangings" by T. H. Tree.

@thehangingtree

Actually, Ravi would tell you he learned all he knows about hanging from a little pamphlet he found in a used books store in Singapore, "A guide to Ozark Hangings" by T. H. Tree.

@thehangingtree
Limited personally autographed edition replete with cigarette burns, spilled liquor stains and a text with grammatical errors and numerous misspellings? ;)

Limited personally autographed edition replete with cigarette burns, spilled liquor stains and a text with grammatical errors and numerous misspellings? ;)
Yes, all of that. Although the 'personally autographed' part is questionable since it is such an illegible scrawl.

A Difficult Time for Josephine; A Long-Awaited Audience

Seratus Enam Puluh – 50 Minutes

Reception Room, Changi Prison, Friday, 11:10 AM
Imran and Lim sat in folding chairs, casually watching three guards fucking Josephine at once, tossing her between them like a rag doll. Gratuitous cruelties such as nipple twisting, ass pinching, and face slapping provided a pointed accompaniment to the staccato beat of pounding cocks.
The thirty-nine-year-old, former senior minister showed the effects of over an hour of sustained and violent abuse. Imran glanced at the clock on the wall. He then called out to the current rapists,

“OK, boys. You need to finish up your fun. We have to get the bitch ready for her date with Ravi.”
Those fucking Josephine redoubled their efforts and soon spilled their seed into and over the abused woman. They left her lying on the floor, unmoving.
“Get her over to the cleaning area,” said Lim. Two guards grabbed her arms and dragged her like a sack of potatoes over to a tiled corner area with a floor drain. They cuffed her wrists and then attached the chain to a hook on a cable from the ceiling. They winched up the line to leave her on tiptoe.
Josephine was a sight. Her toned and lush body was covered with cane welts and bruises as well as smeared semen; she hung gasping for breath. Never, in her private, submissive fantasies, had the woman dreamed of such painful abuse. She prayed for a little rest.
Then a guard went over to the wall and uncoiled a hose. He trained it on Shanmugam, opened the valve, and directed an intense jet of ice-cold water at her hanging body, causing her to scream in pain and cold. Two others took long-handled course brushes and scrubbed down the helpless woman until her bronze skin glowed pink with the abrasions.
“Finish up and bring the bitch to Preparation,” said Imran as he heading for the door. “I’ll round up the others and meet you in the staging room.”

“Righto, Chief,” said Lim, watching the guards use their brushes to inflict a last wave of pain on the hated woman.

Presidential Receiving Room, The Istana, Singapore, Friday, 11:11 AM
The five guests rose and filed into the Presidential Office, resisting the temptation to run.
After they had all entered the office, Rayyan started the formal introductions, “Ladies and Gentlemen, I am honored to present to you, Rose Berbahagia, President of the Republic of Singapore.”
Then Rayyan proceeded to recite the full names and titles of those present in order of rank, beginning, of course, with Betar-Gisber. Rayyan came to the last of the group: “Detective Inspector William Edward Frost, GC QPM.”
Rose interrupted the formalities as she went over to shake Frost’s hand. “I have heard that we were honored to have on our police force a holder of the George Cross. I am honored to meet you, Detective Inspector.”
Frost blushed slightly and mumbled, “Thank you, Ma’am.”

“Please, everyone,” Rose turned to the whole group and gestured to the semicircle of five chairs that had been arranged facing her desk, “be seated.” She went and sat behind her desk.

Attorney Remote Conference Room Changi Prison, Singapore, Friday 11:13 AM
The talk had petered out entirely, and the three Americans were sitting in an uncomfortable silence when the Chief Guard came into view on the monitor.
“Sorry to break up the party,” said Imran with more than a little sarcasm. “But the girls have an appointment at the beauty parlor to keep. You will be escorted to the Execution Chamber, counselor, and you will see them again there shortly.”

The monitor went blank and, Jeffrey, tears streaming down his cheeks, rose, as in a daze, and followed the guard out of the room. The time was getting short. Why hadn’t he heard from the detectives? Where was the pardon? Had the girls been let down again?
Once out in the hallway, Jeffrey went to check his phone. The screen came up blank. Then he remembered, all cell service was blocked in prison for security purposes. He had no way to communicate with the detectives or his office. He would have to wait and pray!

Presidential Office, Istana, Singapore. Friday, 11:15 AM
Rayyan remained standing and took charge of the meeting. “If the President may hear the purpose of your visit? Colonel An Kow?”
Wei deferred to Musa, who began to layout concisely the history and present situation. When he finished, he stated their objective, “Because of the clear injustice present, we ask that you pardon Barbara Moore and Amanda Jones.”
“Thank you, Chief Inspector. Your Ladyship, do you have anything to add?”
Betar-Gisber, in turn, deferred to Williams. He acknowledged many of the points made by Musa but defended his agency’s role. He concurred that a pardon might be the way to achieve justice here. However, he brought up the case of Shanmugam.
“A third young woman is facing a death sentence at noon, one who has contributed significantly to the Republic over the years. Her Ladyship and I believe that she is every bit as deserving of a pardon as the other two. Remember, that though there were irregularities, no one disputes that Moore and Jones committed serious crimes.”
When Keefer finished, Rose spoke, “Thank you, Sirs and Madam, for the clear and insightful presentations. I must compliment the detectives for their dogged work in uncovering the true nature of the crimes. Again, it appears that we are blessed to have Mr. Frost here in Singapore. If you would pardon me for a few moments, I wish to confer with Rayyan, who represented me at the Cabinet meeting.” She stood, and everyone else did. “Please remain seated.” Rose walked to a corner and behind a screen with Rayyan. They could be heard talking in whispered voices.

After a couple of minutes, they returned. Rose stood behind her desk with her head bowed. When she looked up at her visitors, she wore an infinitely sad expression. “I am afraid that I cannot grant your requests. Though the claim for justice is compelling, and the fate of those young women tragic, my Cabinet strongly advised me not to grant clemency. I do not have the power to pardon them in defiance of that advice.

37 Minutes Left

Last edited:
A Difficult Time for Josephine; A Long-Awaited Audience

Seratus Enam Puluh – 50 Minutes

Reception Room, Changi Prison, Friday, 11:10 AM
Imran and Lim sat in folding chairs, casually watching three guards fucking Josephine at once, tossing her between them like a rag doll. Gratuitous cruelties such as nipple twisting, ass pinching, and face slapping provided a pointed accompaniment to the staccato beat of pounding cocks.
The thirty-nine-year-old, former senior minister showed the effects of over an hour of sustained and violent abuse. Imran glanced at the clock on the wall. He then called out to the current rapists,

“OK, boys. You need to finish up your fun. We have to get the bitch ready for her date with Ravi.”
Those fucking Josephine redoubled their efforts and soon spilled their seed into and over the abused woman. They left her lying on the floor, unmoving.
“Get her over to the cleaning area,” said Lim. Two guards grabbed her arms and dragged her like a sack of potatoes over to a tiled corner area with a floor drain. They cuffed her wrists and then attached the chain to a hook on a cable from the ceiling. They winched up the line to leave her on tiptoe.
Josephine was a sight. Her toned and lush body was covered with cane welts and bruises as well as smeared semen; she hung gasping for breath. Never, in her private, submissive fantasies, had the woman dreamed of such painful abuse. She prayed for a little rest.
Then a guard went over to the wall and uncoiled a hose. He trained it on Shanmugam, opened the valve, and directed an intense jet of ice-cold water at her hanging body, causing her to scream in pain and cold. Two others took long-handled course brushes and scrubbed down the helpless woman until her bronze skin glowed pink with the abrasions.
“Finish up and bring the bitch to Preparation,” said Imran as he heading for the door. “I’ll round up the others and meet you in the staging room.”

“Righto, Chief,” said Lim, watching the guards use their brushes to inflict a last wave of pain on the hated woman.

Presidential Receiving Room, The Istana, Singapore, Friday, 11:11 AM
The five guests rose and filed into the Presidential Office, resisting the temptation to run.
After they had all entered the office, Rayyan started the formal introductions, “Ladies and Gentlemen, I am honored to present to you, Rose Berbahagia, President of the Republic of Singapore.”
Then Rayyan proceeded to recite the full names and titles of those present in order of rank, beginning, of course, with Betar-Gisber. Rayyan came to the last of the group: “Detective Inspector William Edward Frost, GC QPM.”
Rose interrupted the formalities as she went over to shake Frost’s hand. “I have heard that we were honored to have on our police force a holder of the George Cross. I am honored to meet you, Detective Inspector.”
Frost blushed slightly and mumbled, “Thank you, Ma’am.”

“Please, everyone,” Rose turned to the whole group and gestured to the semicircle of five chairs that had been arranged facing her desk, “be seated.” She went and sat behind her desk.

Attorney Remote Conference Room Changi Prison, Singapore, Friday 11:13 AM
The talk had petered out entirely, and the three Americans were sitting in an uncomfortable silence when the Chief Guard came into view on the monitor.
“Sorry to break up the party,” said Imran with more than a little sarcasm. “But the girls have an appointment at the beauty parlor to keep. You will be escorted to the Execution Chamber, counselor, and you will see them again there shortly.”

The monitor went blank and, Jeffrey, tears streaming down his cheeks, rose, as in a daze, and followed the guard out of the room. The time was getting short. Why hadn’t he heard from the detectives? Where was the pardon? Had the girls been let down again?
Once out in the hallway, Jeffrey went to check his phone. The screen came up blank. Then he remembered, all cell service was blocked in prison for security purposes. He had no way to communicate with the detectives or his office. He would have to wait and pray!

Presidential Office, Istana, Singapore. Friday, 11:15 AM
Rayyan remained standing and took charge of the meeting. “If the President may hear the purpose of your visit? Colonel An Kow?”
Wei deferred to Musa, who began to layout concisely the history and present situation. When he finished, he stated their objective, “Because of the clear injustice present, we ask that you pardon Barbara Moore and Amanda Jones.”
“Thank you, Chief Inspector. Your Ladyship, do you have anything to add?”
Betar-Gisber, in turn, deferred to Williams. He acknowledged many of the points made by Musa but defended his agency’s role. He concurred that a pardon might be the way to achieve justice here. However, he brought up the case of Shanmugam.
“A third young woman is facing a death sentence at noon, one who has contributed significantly to the Republic over the years. Her Ladyship and I believe that she is every bit as deserving of a pardon as the other two. Remember, that though there were irregularities, no one disputes that Moore and Jones committed serious crimes.”
When Keefer finished, Rose spoke, “Thank you, Sirs and Madam, for the clear and insightful presentations. I must compliment the detectives for their dogged work in uncovering the true nature of the crimes. Again, it appears that we are blessed to have Mr. Frost here in Singapore. If you would pardon me for a few moments, I wish to confer with Rayyan, who represented me at the Cabinet meeting.” She stood, and everyone else did. “Please remain seated.” Rose walked to a corner and behind a screen with Rayyan. They could be heard talking in whispered voices.

After a couple of minutes, they returned. Rose stood behind her desk with her head bowed. When she looked up at her visitors, she wore an infinitely sad expression. “I am afraid that I cannot grant your requests. Though the claim for justice is compelling, and the fate of those young women tragic, my Cabinet strongly advised me not to grant clemency. I do not have the power to pardon them in defiance of that advice.

37 Minutes Left
Josephine may be hated, but does she really deserve this? And Hodges blubbering is just bloody well typical ... if he was half a man, no scratch that - if he was a tenth a man, he would do something useful like create an international incident by chaining himself to the impaling device itself ... damn, did I just suggest another story thread? Wonderful as always PrPr!

Josephine may be hated, but does she really deserve this? And Hodges blubbering is just bloody well typical ... if he was half a man, no scratch that - if he was a tenth a man, he would do something useful like create an international incident by chaining himself to the impaling device itself ... damn, did I just suggest another story thread? Wonderful as always PrPr!
Deserve? "God’s bodykins, man, much better. Use every man after his desert, and who should ’scape whipping?" Ask Barbara's opinion.

To understand Jeffrey's motivation now, he is hoping that Charlotte will be taking orders in the Execution Chamber.

Last edited:
Jo`s fantasies involve sex and pain,
But not with the heavy penal cane.
Being tormented by old Mama Rut
Is different to being used as a slut.
Now for death she`s being prepared,
Her toned body suspended and bared,
She`s cleaned, in that clinically tiled room,
With an icy jet and stiff bristled broom.

A reprive? Maybe, maybe not. A heart-warming reunion in the Prep room.

Seratus Enam Puluh Dua – 41 Minutes

Execution Preparation Room, Changi Prison, Friday, 11:19 AM
Behind the stage wall of the Execution Chamber in Changi Prison is the Preparation Room. It serves as a kind of Green Room for the actors who would participate in the upcoming drama.
In one corner was a bar operated by a trustee dressed in a sheer string-bikini. In another, three metal gurneys were ominously parked in a row. Placed around the spacious room were several lounge chairs and cocktail stands. In the center stood three metal poles with high-mounted chains for restraining the prisoners.

Ravi Govindasamy entered the room and found Oskar Clemens as the only other occupant (other than the fetching trustee behind the bar), sipping his favorite Dortmunder Pilsener while leering at the bargirl. Ravi ordered sparkling water from the girl and joined Oskar. The two had worked together for over four years and were fast friends. They shared an engineering background and pride of ownership in the punishment equipment. The engineers discussed the condition of the stands and the technicalities of operating the three machines simultaneously.
Soon, they were joined by Dr. Liú and two medical orderlies. Chunhua nodded in acknowledgment and then went off to sip a glass of Riesling with her staff in the corner with the gurneys. The technical talk of execution was a major turn-off for her.

Presidential Office, Istana, Singapore. Friday, 11:24 AM
There was a collective gasp from the visitors as they heard their hopes being dashed. Several began to speak up and object. But Rose silenced them with a gesture of her hand.
“However, I hope we can find a way to see some small justice here without me defying my Cabinet. Your Ladyship, Colonel, can we speak privately for a moment.”
These three, each a significant power-broker in their own right, in turn, adjourned together behind the screen. Soft yet urgent voices could be heard. After a few minutes, they emerged. Rose looked pleased, and the other two looked serious but resigned.
“We have a method to help, but time is now of the essence,” announced the President. “Rayyan, let me tell you what I want written.” She took her Secretary to a side desk where she whispered instructions.
“Thank God,” said Musa. “What is the deal?”
“You’ll know soon enough, Lad. It’s far from what we wished, but the most we can get,” said the Colonel. “Top priority is to get the word to Changi before the execution is completed.”
“Can’t you just give them a ring?” asked Frost.
“Unfortunately not. A couple of months ago, someone hacked into the secure lines from the Istana to Changi and faked an order for the release of a drug kingpin. After that, a new protocol was instituted. Any order from a court or the President for a change of a sentence must be in writing. The order must be signed and co-signed and hand-delivered to the Commandant.”
“My God,” cried Frost. “You mean we have to drive the order to the prison?”
“I’m afraid so, detective. That’s why Rose went straight to drafting the order. Musa, you and Frost be prepared, the moment it’s ready, to take it to the prison.”

Execution Preparation Room, Changi Prison, Friday, 11:29 AM
Imran entered the Prep Room followed by guards bringing Barbara and Amanda, naked, hooded and shackled. He directed all irons removed and simple handcuffs affixed in front. They were then backed up to two of the posts, and their hands secured over their heads, stretching them up on tip-toe.
Imran joined Oskar and Ravi and ordered an Indian Pale Ale from the trustee. Soon, Lim came in with guards half-dragging the beaten and exhausted Josephine. He had her secured in the same way as the others and strictly admonished the three prisoners not to speak a word. The guards prodded them with batons to reinforce the order. Then Hua-Upp joined the group. They drank and chatted and mostly made jokes and comments comparing the figures of the three naked women. Barbara was generally acknowledged to have the best body though Oskar opted for Amanda’s girlish looks. All four agreed that Josephine’s toned and shapely body would be the best on which to inflict pain. Imran and Lim regaled the others with descriptions of what they had done to Jo earlier.

At 11:34 AM, Commnmadant Bin Osman entered the room. He glanced around to take in the preparations and the people present. Mamat frowned at seeing Chunhua off with her orderlies in the corner. He caught her attention and gestured that she should join the group. When they were all together, he made a little speech.
“This is a red-letter day in the history of Changi Prison, gentlemen, and lady. A triple execution with a notorious criminal and a high-profile politician. I am confident that you will carry it off without a hitch. I shall shortly go to the stage. Please bring the prisoners out at precisely 11:45.” All nodded their understanding.
Mamat walked over to the prisoners. He gestured to the men assigned to them to remove the hoods. The girls blinked at the light while gulping the fresh air. After a moment, Barbara looked to her left (she was in the middle) and recognized Josephine. “YOU!” she said in disbelief.
“Yes, Miss Moore,” volunteered the Commandant. Miss Shanmugam has been recently convicted of betraying her office to frame you and Miss Jones and sentenced to die with you. You are all now in the same boat.”
Josephine said nothing as she was still in shock for the brutal welcoming to Changi.
Amanda recognized the former Minister but understood little of what had gone on. Nevertheless, she expressed her sincere sympathy. “Oh. I’m so sorry, Miss Shanmugam. This must be a horrible development for you. But be brave and follow Miss Moore’s example. She will be our rock!”
Barb looked at the woman who had arranged her fate and said, “I hope you rot in hell today, you fucking bitch!”
Amanda, shocked at her hero’s words, said, “Surely you don’t mean that, Miss Moore. We are all in this together. We must forgive and hang together, as Benjamin Franklin said. My cheerleading coach often told us…”
Barbara had all she could take of Jones’s pep talks. “I don’t give a rat’s ass what your fucking cheerleader coach said! You can just shut up, you stupid cow. It isn’t High School games anymore. Don’t be a fucking airhead!” Amanda’s face looked like she’d been hit with a baseball bat!
Bin Osman laughed. “I’m glad you three are such friends now. Once you are on your poles, you won’t have any time for thoughts of each other. You will only think of the tearing pain in your insides.”
Barb faced him defiantly while Amanda looked away, lowered her eyes, and sobbed.

Presidential Office, Istana, Singapore. Friday, 11:35 AM
“Done!” said Rayyan as he and Rose finished signing the order. He quickly folded it, sealed it in an envelope addressed to ‘Commandant, Changi Prison,’ and handed it to Musa.
“Go, boy!” said Wei An Kow,

“fly, like ships before the wind
Or lambs pursued by hunger-starved wolves!”
Moving faster than he had in years, Frost ran with Musa out of the palace toward their car. Even as he puffed with the exertion, he could not help but wonder at the Colonel’s fluency of the Bard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom