Now This Just Isn't Funny

Go to CruxDreams.com
Explaining cricket:

"You have two sides,

one out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out,

and when he's out he comes in,

and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out,

the side that's out comes in,

and the side that's been in goes out,

and tries to get out those coming in.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When both sides have been in and out,

including the not outs,

the winner is declared.....if there is one!

Howzat!"

Explaining cricket...
That somehow reminded me of this:
(Golf is) a boring game. A boring game for boring people. You ever watch golf on television? It's like watching flies fuck! And a mindless game, mindless. Think of the intellect it must take, to draw pleasure from this activity: hitting a ball with a crooked stick and then, walking after it! And then, hitting it again! I say pick it up asshole, you're lucky you found the fucking thing! Put it in your pocket and go home, you're a winner! You've found it!

I don't entirely agree with him as I think there is no need to demonize any particular sports. But probably that's just the nature of a satire which must exaggerate certain aspects of the subject to make a point on others. To me, it feels like he had raised some valid questions and even if you don't agree with it, I suppose it'd be difficult to deny that it's damn funny.

Explaining cricket:

"You have two sides,

When they are all out,

including the not outs,

Howzat!"

Makes sense to me :)

Personally, I like to bowl with 3 men in slips and a silly short leg. I don't like fielding in the gully.

I don't entirely agree with him as I think there is no need to demonize any particular sports. But probably that's just the nature of a satire which must exaggerate certain aspects of the subject to make a point on others. To me, it feels like he had raised some valid questions and even if you don't agree with it, I suppose it'd be difficult to deny that it's damn funny.

Oy, leave golf alone! Does every bit of greenery have to be built on? Golf offers a chance to get out in the fresh air and appreciate nature. Or as someone said, golf is "a good walk spoiled".

I was walking down the street when I was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless man who asked me for a couple of dollars for dinner.
I took out my wallet, extracted ten dollars and asked, "If I give you this money, will you buy some beer with it instead of dinner?"
"No, I had to stop drinking years ago" the homeless man replied.
"Will you spend this on green fees at a golf course instead of food?"
"Are you NUTS!" replied the homeless man. "I haven't played golf in 20 years!"
"Well" I said, "I'm not going to give you money. Instead, I'm going to take you home for a shower and a terrific dinner cooked by my wife."
The homeless man was astounded. "Won't your wife be furious with you for doing that?"
I replied, "That's okay. It's important for her to see what a man looks like after he has given up drinking and golf."

Explaining cricket:

"You have two sides,

When they are all out,

including the not outs,

Howzat!"
American Baseball is so much more logical"

Anyone who's ever played golf --and I've played it for 60 years!-- has, at one time or another, felt like this. It is an incredibly frustrating and exceptionally rewarding game all at the same time. But I agree that it is terribly boring to watch. I watch now from a coach's perspective only, analyzing the different swings of the pros. However, it is definitely not boring to play. It requires more concentration than any sport or game I've ever played (and I've played most of them), including even chess.

Here's an example of pretty good form on the backswing: left arm straight, right elbow pointing down, full shoulder turn, good weight shift, long blond hair, full rack, flat tummy, shapely legs. (Uh, I think I'm getting distracted. . . .)

2880124-paige-naked-golf-girl.jpg

Mhm, I have heard, the Scots are said to have invented "Golf" but they all wore still "Kilts", I think in those times... around the same time, they are said to have invented "Whiskey" ... is that historically correct?
:eek: :rolleyes:
Oh oh! Watch out! Hurricane Eul ahead! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyone who's ever played golf --and I've played it for 60 years!-- has, at one time or another, felt like this. It is an incredibly frustrating and exceptionally rewarding game all at the same time. But I agree that it is terribly boring to watch. I watch now from a coach's perspective only, analyzing the different swings of the pros. However, it is definitely not boring to play. It requires more concentration than any sport or game I've ever played (and I've played most of them), including even chess.

Here's an example of pretty good form on the backswing: left arm straight, right elbow pointing down, full shoulder turn, good weight shift, long blond hair, full rack, flat tummy, shapely legs. (Uh, I think I'm getting distracted. . . .)

View attachment 905305
If you've never practiced it before, I assure you that it feels real pleasure and complete freedom when you have the opportunity to play naked golf.

If you've never practiced it before, I assure you that it feels real pleasure and complete freedom when you have the opportunity to play naked golf.

I haven't tried that. Where would you keep your balls?

golfballsac.jpg

Back
Top Bottom