Why do I like Cruxforums?

Go to CruxDreams.com
I love the look of oversized chains on a naked girl... it almost looks like they may weight more than her body does.

@Barbaria1 Unchained for this again? :p

In memory of......

Old timers!!!!

;)

"We thought, because we had power, we had wisdom."

... sounds a bit for me like a sentence by Cicero after the fall of the Roman republic into the times of the Roman civil wars and into the dictatorships of Sulla and Caesar.

Cicero was always way too uncritical of the Republic IMHO. He ignored the influence of the rich and powerful, the fate of the Gracchi brothers when they tried to correct injustices, the blood, cruelty and pain of the Marian, Sullan and Caesarian 'revolutions', and all the countless ways in which the politics of Republic was manipulated by the Senate and the equestrians to their own considerable advantage.

Cicero, Cato, Cassius, Brutus and the like lived at the apex of Roman society ... they were advantaged by the corrupt Republic's status quo. No wonder they were 'Republicans'.

The Republic was nothing to be proud of ... its only real achievement for Roman citizens was that it saw off the kings/monarchs of Rome, but it entrenched political corruption and the ability of the rich, nefarious, criminal and powerful to feed off the rest of the Roman populace.

And that was one of the many reasons the plebs and the rapidly disappearing middle class supported Octavian/Augustus's imperial ambitions after Antony was defeated. (The others of course were the need for stability and the rule of law after such a long and chaotic period of internecine strife and bother.)

Sorry, but I don't have a lot of time for Cicero and the lads ... Republic or Empire, the bloke in the street (or Main Street if you like) got screwed. For 99% of the citizenry it simply made no difference ... but at least with the Empire they got 'bread and circuses' as those of an imperial bent were much more conscious that the Republicans that the plebs/peasantry/lower classes could only be pushed so far before they were rioting in the streets.

the fairness of the draw was sponsored by a special betting and lottery commission made up of the oldest and trusted animals: prefecuts preatorio, Cynthia the innocent, old slave, the lottery was run by Rias neko kittie and Racing rodent squirrel, for get the rewards please follow squirrel rodent to back room of bar, hey stop drinking u re already drunk alcoholic naughty squirrel meow!!!!:oops: :cat: :nono:
lotto_komisja_youtube_printscreen_420.jpeggiphy586.jpggiphy587.jpg

the fairness of the draw was sponsored by a special betting and lottery commission made up of the oldest and trusted animals: prefecuts preatorio, Cynthia the innocent, old slave, the lottery was run by Rias neko kittie and Racing rodent squirrel, for get the rewards please follow squirrel rodent to back room of bar, hey stop drinking u re already drunk alcoholic naughty squirrel meow!!!!:oops: :cat: :nono:
View attachment 905627View attachment 905628View attachment 905629
And its fairness was supervised by our esteemed member Tree!;)

It’s a Cruxforums thing, Malins. Can’t be explained. Just happens ... :confused:
I realize ... just go with the flow.
Actually I'm well pepared, what with my 'hair-sticks' ... they, ummm, do hold things up very well.
so in fact I opted for the Bring-your-own-nails scenario ;)
(of course purely for the intent of academic demonstration)
... now what could possibly go wrong.

Actually I'm well pepared, what with my 'hair-sticks' ... they, ummm, do hold things up very well.
Now just try to make a match with someone from the 'Bring-your-own-hammer' Team.:D

Now just try to make a match with someone from the 'Bring-your-own-hammer' Team.:D

I understand there’s some extra French premium wood available, for the Bring-Your-own-Nails” crowd, and plenty of unused space on the stage. Go for it :rolleyes:

I actually saw them passing out hammers to guys at the door.
All it took was a secret handshake.

I'm pretty sure though Emily brought along some other tools. Other irons than just the curling irons; she's a do it yourself type of girl.

Mmmmmm ... I can see the party is going to get wilder as the evening wears on ... :rolleyes:

the fairness of the draw was sponsored by a special betting and lottery commission made up of the oldest and trusted animals: prefecuts preatorio, Cynthia the innocent, old slave...
And its fairness was supervised by our esteemed member Tree!;)
But... but tree is not an animal! :p

Back
Top Bottom