Go to CruxDreams.com
Anyone wants to take a guess on what is happening here?
Rufuss Crucifixion scene.jpg

My guess is that Rufuss is so surprised to see Alice modelling a traditional crucifixion loincloth that he does not even notice the intervening cross waiting for him! In this picture and the subsequent 'Via Appia' mass crucifixion scene, Alice is the token female being executed with a group of condemned men. Her inclusion makes a significant statement about the rare observation of gender equality under Roman law.

This state of equality is effectively reinforced by conducting her execution under conditions identical to those of the men, including the same concession to modesty. Despite this concession, the males are hung bare-chested, and in the interests of equality, so is she. As a public statement, this makes a prominent announcement, 'Look at this - fair treatment for all!'

Rufuss Via Appia.jpg

Congratulations Rufuss, on a very neat manipulation sequence. You have almost achieved a first in showing Alice so convincingly crucified in a loincloth, and this remains an attractive and rare spectacle indeed. Whilst there is an earlier manip of Alice traditionally attired for the cross, I suspect yours may be the first Makar sources employed to depict Alice with this treatment.

Obviously the woodwork and the other figures are also worthy of note in such realistic photo manipulations, but I seem to be focusing on a particular area of expertise.
Very nice work, and Happy Christmas! :)

Back
Top Bottom